Recommend Accessories For Gpsmap60?

I just got the GPSMAP60 the other day and I was wondering what accessories do I definitely need to get for it.

I was thinking definitely an A/C & D/C Adapter, but for the A/C adapter does it make more sense to go with the PC connector or just use USB?

I am good to go on the car mount.

Thanks in advance.

you will find as I did the base map stinks. So thats the next thing you will want to look at. I got the City Select and it works great. The usb data cable that you have is best for data transfer. I also got the 12volt power cable for the car. Other then the base map I love the 60c. Hope that this helps.

Ralph

Thanks for the recommendations. I couldn't wait so I went to GPS City and got a car and home adapter along with the USA Topo.

The basemap stinks indeed. I had it on and drove around and it only showed routed roads. :laughing:

Can't wait for the Topo map. Also, downloading and uploading from Geocache.com, I had to get a third party application, EasyGPS.

I found that I never use the car power cable. The battery life is long enough that the hassle of pluging in the cable is now worth my time.

That's one of the things I like about my Meridian and it's mount. The car power cable stays cliped in the mount, and when I put the GPS in the mount, it's connected to the charger, too. I use mine all the time.