Palm Tungsten

A quick question. Does anybody know an "easy" way to download gsak web pages to my palm tungsten e? I'd like to be able to read the page with the logs while I walk around. I've already figured out the slow way to covert html pages to word documents and use "documents to go" to send those to the pda.

Thanks,

Mark

I have a tungsten E. I am using the application called PLUCKER on my tunsgsten E, which is much more efficient than the AVANTGO application (some people try to use this then quickly go to the free PLUCKER application). So use PLUCKER to view web pages, that you have captured and transfered to your palm (I captured all my local letterbox web pages in one shot).

Then I also use the application called SUNRISE DESKTOP on my WINXP computer to convert web pages to the PLUCKER format for reading on my PDA. It takes a while (work on it a couple hours) to set up SUNRISE but once you understand it, and optimize it you will have something that works well.

I've never really liked Plucker. A bit too cumbersome and doesn't really render all that well IMO. Still waiting for a good web page solution for Palms. In the meantime I stick to the GSAK/CachMate combo on my PTE.

In the rare cases where I need pics off the cache pages I right click on the photo(s), save them, then in my palm desktop pull them into my Palm photo viewer where I have an album for cache-related photots. I then name the photos something that relate it to the cache they go with.

My first recommendation would be to try Cachemate: a trialware version will let you see up to 10 records on your PDA. If you like it, pay the $8 for the full version. Cachemate is the easiest way to go.

I use the Sunrise Desktop/Plucker combo, because I like the html display a little better than Cachemate's. But that's just a personal preference. The added advantage is that you can use these apps for other html content you might want to move to your PDA.

There is also the iSilo browser. It's a commercial product, but its offline document builder is much better than the Plucker Desktop.

If you can get your hands on Blazer or Web Pro, you can just copy the web pages and graphics directly to the SD card on your handheld and browse them with

file://card_name/cache/index.html

Get CacheMate. I was skeptical at first, until I went on a long day of caching with a couple of friends. We searched for 40 caches and the guy with CacheMate was much faster at retrieving information than I was with Plucker. I plopped down my $8 then and there.

My first recommendation would be to try Cachemate: a trialware version will let you see up to 10 records on your PDA. If you like it, pay the $8 for the full version. Cachemate is the easiest way to go.

I use the Sunrise Desktop/Plucker combo, because I like the html display a little better than Cachemate's. But that's just a personal preference. The added advantage is that you can use these apps for other html content you might want to move to your PDA.

I've used both cachemate and plucker. cachemate is easier to upload to the device..GSAK outputs cachemate pdb files and sends to th palm install tool in one step. The results are plain text, so you can wade through the results faster on the device. This is probably a mute point to you, since you have a Tungsten. It's a major one for me though, since I'm still using my palm vx (tends to be slow on web pages).

Plucker-gpx spinner takes a little more work to upload files, but not too much after setting everything up the first time. Reading pages on Plucker are pretty fast compared to other website programs. It still lags a bit on my palm, but shouldn't on yours. (once you set it up (ie after the first time), you simply drag a pocket query or exported gpx file onto gpx spinner, then tell plucker desktop program to upload index.htm to the device).

Wow! I just wanted to say thanks for all of the quick replies. You've been alot of help.

MTW

Get cachemate, you won't be sorry. That is what I use on my Tungsten E. In fact, I send the data to cachemate with a GSAK Macro, that way the same data goes to my GPSr AND Cachemate.