Hand-held Pc Comparison Sites

Shopping for a 'refurbished' hand-held PC and want to compare them before diving into the waters . . . looking for a site that compares them - features, speed, software, memory & memory cards, upgrades, interfaces & functionality.

Basically needed only for use in geocaching right now, spouse overlooking the costs firmly directs me to seek economy. May also serve in my new job classes & college class this summer which is why I seek PC functionality.

Found the HP site that compares HP selections . . . really want other sources to be players in the comparison . . . can you help?

I'm using an older Dell Axim (PPC). It is all I need for geocaching with GPX View. I've seen bunches of them on Ebay. Just tell Ms GA that all of the other cachers are laughing at you for not having one, or without one to help the GPS you may get lost in the woods, or.......you get the picture

If you mean comparing Palm PDA versus Pocket PC (PPC) PDA, here is an article to look at.

If you're deciding on which format PDA to get, and you're looking for a unit strictly for Geocaching, then I feel the Palm based PDA's are your best choice. PPC's are more expensive, bigger, heavier, and harder on batteries than Palm. PPC's have some advantages outside the Geocaching world, but they're overkill if your sole need is to store Geocaching page info.

Combine a Palm PDA with software like Cachemate and you will be very pleased :laughing:

Cachemate is what I use and I really like it. It works on the Palm OS.

Its $8.00 registration fee is the best $8.00 I've ever spent on software. B)

You can get a Palm M500 like mine on eBay for around $50.00. A less expensivePalm will also serve you just fine for Geocaching.