Notes To Reviewer Error And Deletion

Teach2Learn

I submitted a cache for approval and got the usual e-mail response, "Cache report submitted."

However, after hitting the submit button, I didn't automatically get the option of viewing the listing. Instead, I got an error message. I opened the cache page from my "waiting for approval" list, but when I went to "edit my listing" I noticed that it didn't contain my notes to the reviewer. I've tried repeatedly to submit the notes and have edited them to remove slashes or punctuation that could cause problems, but I keep getting an error message similar to the one below.

Since it's a puzzle/multi, I'm sure the notes to the reviewer will be essential for approval. Do I have to wait for the inevitable e-mail from the reviewer asking for required stage coordinates, permission details, and cache separation information? I want to provide it, but am at a loss. :blink:

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

String or binary data would be truncated. The statement has been terminated.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: String or binary data would be truncated. The statement has been terminated.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[sqlException: String or binary data would be truncated.

The statement has been terminated.]

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +180

Groundspeak.Web.SqlData.SqlConnectionManager.ExecuteNonQuery(String sql, Database database) +148

Groundspeak.Web.SqlData.SqlWaypointController.CreateLogData(Guid LogGUID, Int64 WptRefID, Int64 OwnerID, DateTime LogDate, Int64 LogTypeID, String Note, Boolean IsEncrypted, Boolean OwnerCannotDelete, Int64 ObjWptID, WptDataSources DataSource, Double Latitude, Double Longitude) +1583

Groundspeak.Web.GPX.WptLog.Create(Guid LogGUID, Int64 OwnerID, Int64 WptRefID, DateTime LogDate, Int64 LogTypeID, String Note, Boolean IsEncrypted, Boolean OwnerCannotDelete, Int64 ObjWptID, WptDataSources DataSource, Double Latitude, Double Longitude) +172

Geocaching.UI.hide_report.UpdateCacheFromForm() +2192

Geocaching.UI.hide_report.btnSubmit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +3507

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +108

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +57

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1292

Edited by Teach2Learn

That's strange. Jeremy's cat was probably rubbing against the server just as you hit the submit button.

As a cache reviewer I can pull up your cache GCNCNA and there are no notes to reviewer there. The only thing I can suggest is adding some now, before the reviewer for your area puts it on hold to ask for all the stuff that disappeared into the ether. :blink:

~erik~

I'm not surprised. I was trying to answer reviewer questions concerning puzzle solution, cache separation, stage coordinates, etc., in advance, so it was long. However, it did result in quick approval and a thank-you from the reviewer once he got the information, so I can't complain. :)