Garmin Gpsmap60c

Tzus

The 60c has a geocach facility specifically to store geocach waypoints. I am able to download waypoints to the gps (into the waypoints area) but I am at a loss as to how to download waypoints into the geocach area/facility.

I would welcome some help on this.

Cheers,

Tzus :(

You gotta make sure that the waypoints use the "Geocache" icon before you pump them into the GPSr. As a MAP60CS owner, I too had the same problem when I first got mine. There is a menu item for Geocaching mode also, where you select a particular icon for cache waypoints. It would be nice to be able to choose more than one icon i.e. "Regular", "Multi", "Virtual", etc. Unfortuneatly, that's not an option.

Good luck,

GmC

Edited by Go-mad-Cow
What application did you have to use to download the waypoint with the Geocache icon? Can you use EasyGPS to do this?

EasyGps will work. I believe that if you only get the LOC file, the default icon is just a black square but you can change it before sending to the GPSr. If you dl the GPX file, the default is the Treasure Chest. Most times I get a GPX file from a Pocket Query, open it directly with Mapsource and send them off to the GPSr. Mapsource also allows you to Transfer from the GPSr and then batch select the waypoints to change them all at once.

The other quick fix is to edit the waypoints already in the GPSr by changing the icon to the Closed Treasure Chest. Then, they will pop right into the GeoCache Catagory. After you've found the cache...there is a "found" button on your MAP60...this will change the icon to an Open Treasure Chest and move these waypoints to the "Found" list.

Once you do this a few times, it will become second nature.

Hope this helps,

JayBee

What application did you have to use to download the waypoint with the Geocache icon? Can you use EasyGPS to do this?

Yes, you can. Pull the waypoints into EasyGPS, select all, then change the icon.

Or if you're using pocket queries, ask for GPX files instead of LOC and they come with the icon already there.

The 60c has a geocach facility specifically to store geocach waypoints. I am able to download waypoints to the gps (into the waypoints area) but I am at a loss as to how to download waypoints into the geocach area/facility.

I would welcome some help on this.

Cheers,

Tzus :ph34r:

You don't download waypoints to the "GC facility". You just download them as you have done. Then push the Find button - you can now find the wpts as wpts or geocaches. There isn't much difference really.

cc