Question: Got To Read Thread

Ok here's my question....

I have been caching for a while now with a friend who also has their own username, we are due to be married very,very soon and we'd like to be able to have joint names so that we do not have to log a find twice, is it possible to do so and how?? and would we lose the caches that we have already found?

Any help regarding this strange question would be warmly welcomed.

VorvikHunter

:( Congratulations on your forthcoming geowedding - will it be an event cache? :D

You can change your username in either profile to the new name that you'd like to use together. All the caches that you have visited in the past will be updated when the cache page is refreshed (eg when someone visits it) but any that have been archived may remain in the in name.

In order to claim any caches done by the other person and not the first, you could delete the old log and replace it in the new name (ideally remembering to keep the dates the same for traceability).

Changing the name of an account is easy, but Im not sure if you can merge two accounts, nor if this is a good idea.... imagine if seasider 'married' Subarite

Probably the best thing to do is to chose one account to use and let the other fall into dissuse.

Congratulations on the forthcoming wedding :D:D:D

I Think "Stuey" has got the right idea but it might be worth contacting the cache owners of the ones you "have to log twice" to let them know what you are doing. If they think something weird is going on, they may delete your finds :D

P.S. If you met through caching we might have the first "Geocaching wedding" :(

Congratulations on the forthcoming wedding  :(  :(  :(

P.S. If you met through caching we might have the first "Geocaching wedding"  :(

In Answer to your question... Geocaching has played a major role in getting us together, i initially introduced anglo finder to the hobby/sport and she has accompanied me on many excursions into the unknown. If i had not done the above we would probably not be in the postion that we are now. :grin:

Our wedding is to take place on the 1st April and NO this is no April Fools Day Prank, hopefully i will be able to post a photograph later.

VorvikHunter & anglo finder (Team Vorvik)