Cache Database For Ipaq?

c2rm

Before we get into the whole palm/windows debate, rehearse arguments, pick sides, draw battle lines and then fight to the death - Is anyone aware of an application similar to cachemate for an IPAQ.

I currently run cachemate on my Palm but have just bought an IPAQ to run TT3 software for the car. Ideally, I only want to be using one PDA and want to keep all info on the IPAQ.

If no such application exists, I will have to keep my conintuing use of the Palm a secret as I convinced the gadget monitor that a new PDA would be able to do all the things the old one could do and more. I did even agree to selling it on eBAy to appease her that the cost was not as it really seems.

So, a few quick answers please and then lets have that debate!

Thanks

..... now, where shall I hide the Palm?

I use GPXView which I prefer to GPXSonar as it displays the cache details in it's own program, rather than using the inbuilt Web browser (iexplore).

GPXSonar (or rather Iexplore) does a better job than GPXView of displaying HTML amended cache pages though, so I have both installed for the times when there is some formatting that doesn't display properly with GPXView.

Edited by Stuey
I currently run cachemate on my Palm but have just bought an IPAQ to run TT3 software for the car. Ideally, I only want to be using one PDA and want to keep all info on the IPAQ.

The other replies are probably what you are after, but I can add that you can download a database of cache locations as POI's for Tomtom from http://www.geocacheuk.com/

Also, I use the GC .LOC files in GPSTuner to find caches when on foot.

I have just downloaded GPXSonar to my Ipaq...

tried to run program....get error message

Cannot find GPXSonar (or one of it's components) etc...

Looked at discussion page on that site '''found others had asked the same question...but could find no answers...

Please...anyone help...tell me what I've done wrong... :unsure::D:D;)

Looked at discussion page on that site '''found others had asked the same question...but could find no answers...

Please...anyone help...tell me what I've done wrong... :unsure:  :D  ;)  :D

You've done nothing wrong, its the OS you're running. You need Windows Mobile 2003. I've the same problem and I'm trying to find a way around it. :D

Please...anyone help...tell me what I've done wrong... :D  ;)  :D  :unsure:

You've done nothing wrong, its the OS you're running. You need Windows Mobile 2003. I've the same problem and I'm trying to find a way around it. :D

I have just loaded the earlier version from the 'archive' page on the site ...that runs OK... :D

I have just loaded the earlier version from the 'archive' page on the site ...that runs OK... :unsure:

Brilliant! What url did you use to get that version? I find the site very difficult to navigate :D

It's on the 'Archive' section on the same page...look at the left edge of the page near the top...if you have any prob...send me your Email address, and I'll send the file to you.... :D

Having bought a PPC as part of a TomTom deal, my solution to the Palm-PPC transition is to put the PPC in my left pocket in a hard case, and my Palm in the right, in a hard case. My GPSr hangs from my neck in an Aqupac. The Aquapac also holds the small lightweight leads I bought at PC-Mobile.com to connect it to the two PDAs.

That way I get the benefits of all three dedicated devices at minimal inconvinience and with no compromise. The £3.99 4 into 1 car charger from maplin.co.uk means I can power all three, plus the phone in the car simultaniously!

The Palm is used as a day-to-day PDA and runs Cachemate. The PPC runs Fugawi and TomTom. The Fugawi could run o nthe Palm, which is what I used to do, but it was very much limited compared with the PPC version.

It's on the 'Archive' section on the same page...look at the left edge of the page near the top...if you have any prob...send me your Email address, and I'll send the file to you.... :)

Thanks for that. I found it and now have it running pretty well on the IPAQ. To transfer files I just save my pocket queries or other gpx files in the folder My Pocket Documents and the IPAQ automatically picks them up during an autosync.

Thanks again icon_thumbs_up.gif

LG,

As you have three devices to keep charged, I suggest carrying a small, lightweight solar panel connected to the power leads. If you stick this to your hat with velcro :) , it would work very well - and at least increase the amount of time between recharging. You can recharge your mobile phone and walkie-talkie at the same time.

If you use a cycle helmet to support it, the maglite could be stuck to this as well, leaving your forehead free for other uses. :D

Is this "tip of the day"?

HH.