Here's An Odd Log...

Pieman

I received the following automatic email from the site the other day relating to a TB I own. Never heard of transferring before. I checked the TB log and nothing was recorded there. The next day I got a normal email telling me that it had been picked up by the same cachers.

"MackiltandJoobs transferred Salt of the Earth (Travel Bug Dog Tag) to at

2/28/2005

Log Date: 2/28/2005

Picked up to travel to the "Black Country""

Anyone seen this sort of thing before?

P

Edited by Pieman
The bit in the log about the "black country" well that is simple - The cacher is moving the Tb to Birmingham

OI! B)

Typical Brummie trying to claim the Black Country!

The Black Country is separate and distinct from Birmingham. Just try calling someone from West Brom a Brummie and see what response you get. :ph34r: Just don't do it on a Saturday night in the pub (especially if the baggies have lost again!)

MarkGPX

(Jeremy @ Feb 23 2005, 05:37 PM)

Transfer will be used for transferring ownership of travel bugs and geocaches to other users. It was never meant to be an option for cache listings and should be removed now.

From other logs I've seen it only posts a note, no actual "action" occurs when used by a cacher.

I should mention it was fixed a second time on March 1st.

Edited by BlueDeuce
Typical Brummie trying to claim the Black Country!

That's what I was thinking!

There's a big difference between Birmingham and the Black Country. As my dear old Brummie mother always says;

"In Birmingham, they all go round with their hands in their pockets. In the Black Country they go round with their hands in other people's pockets."

Or as my mate from the Black Country says;

"OI! Oi bay a brummay!"

Stu