What's Wrong Here?

WRITE SHOP ROBERT

I tried to send an email to "contact us" but the system wants me to sign up for some outlook express thing and I dont want to, so why has my accound reverted to "member" from "Premium Member"

I pay you guys money to be able to pan around on the maps to choose caches I want to search, and now I can't do it, what gives, WRITE SHOP ROBERT

writeshoprobert@comcast.net

I have better things to do

Of course you do, which is why I'm surprised the slaves over at the GC.com office aren't up at all hours to get this fixed just for you.

Come to think of it, I never had this problem over at navicache, have you?

I suspect user error, but I could be wrong.

Jamie

Ok while I'm ranting, how about a couple of feature suggestions too

a. could there please be a little more room in the profile section, even if just as a benefit for paying members, I'm sure it would cost you guys almost nothing.

b. could the forums be adjusted so that the OP of a new thread is automaticaly a subscriber to that topic, instead of having to go and set that up. it would stand to reason that the person who starts the topic would want to read the responses

if you're monthly, is that through paypal? have you checked your paypal account for errors? did your card number or bank info change? worth looking into while the folks in seattle are still asleep. :)

as for the forums, not everyone who posts a new topic wants to receive replies. that would be annoying to have to turn that off all the time. :)

b. could the forums be adjusted so that the OP of a new thread is automaticaly a subscriber to that topic, instead of having to go and set that up. it would stand to reason that the person who starts the topic would want to read the responses

Yes, but many of us would prefer to just come back to the site and read the replys, no need to clog our inbox with anything.

And on your original question, I'd be logging into my Paypal account to see if THEY cancelled your subscription for some reason. It's been known to happen.

Good Lord, I've never subscribed to a topic in the forums, nor do I ever plan to use that optional feature. I'm quite sure that auto-subscriptions won't be forced upon me.

To write to Groundspeak, the direct e-mail address is contact at geocaching dot com. Just enter that, in proper format, into your non-Outlook e-mail client.

well, the problem fixed itself this morning, but I've lost all the PQs I had set up, and that is a real pain. is there any way to retrieve those without redoing all of them from scratch?

Pocket Queries don't disappear when you go from PM to regular user. Are you sure you're using the same account? It sounds like you may be logging in as different users. Send an email to the contact address and OpinioNate will look into it.

Pocket Queries don't disappear when you go from PM to regular user.

I only view my PQs online as previews, since I don't have all that nifty software set up, and when my account reverted back to Member for a few hours, it wiped out all the settings I had put into my PQs. When the problem was fixed, I try to view them, and I'm back to the start, where it wants me to agree to the license agreement. Maybe they still exist, but I can't look at them.