oooooooh... i just bought a GPS

team travel pig

wonderful. i'm excited. a yellow magellan meridian for $120, which seems to be a good deal. it should get here by tuesday. have been rifling through my trinket collection and have plenty of cool things to trade... (i can't resist shiny objects so i have tons of stuff) will wait a little while before hiding my own cache.

DANDY!

You made a good choice in the Meridian Yellow. I've had mine for a couple of months now and I continue to be amazed with all the features it offers for such a low price. It holds lock in the woods very well. I took mine into a very heavily wooded area today and it never lost signal lock even once during the whole 3 mile trip. Enjoy!

Don't forget to purchase a SD (Secure Digital) card to get the most out of your Yellow. They come in various memory capacity from 16mb up to 256mb. I believe the 128mb is the best value. These cards allow you to download maps such as Mapsend Streets/Topo. Another nice add on is a card reader. It allows you to upload/download maps much faster than the data cable that will come with your Yellow.

because i'm a mac user, it's going to be SOME TIME before i hand over the not inconsiderable amount of cash required to get yellow to talk to blue - so... thanks for info on how to go manual!

there is no knowledge, only things, which is really old knowledge.

Search the site; I think there are references to using a MAC with waypoint management tools, allowing you to create and download waypoints and routes to the GPSr. If not, create waypoints at LostOutdoors by clicking on the map (it will return the coordinates) and then enter all waypoints of interest manually into the GPSr. Then create your route in the GPSr, too. It's old-fashioned and slooow, but a good way to learn to navigate around your new unit.

don