Is There A Kent Group....

Lowlander99

Not as far as I know - I think I'm the only Kent-based cacher who uses these forums. :rolleyes:

I'm a wannabe Kent Cacher, I am hopefully coming to the end of a stressful house sale and move to Maidstone from London in the next couple of weeks.

Looking at the list of caches, there don't seem to be many in Kent and Sussex :-(

Not as far as I know - I think I'm the only Kent-based cacher who uses these forums.  :rolleyes:

I'm a wannabe Kent Cacher, I am hopefully coming to the end of a stressful house sale and move to Maidstone from London in the next couple of weeks.

Looking at the list of caches, there don't seem to be many in Kent and Sussex :-(

Well according to my database...there are at least 300 caches within 60 miles of Folkestone..... :grin:

Hello

We live in Northern California, USA and will be visiting our Aunt who owns a home in Elham. We plan to arrive around the 1st week in August, and would like to talk with some Geocachers in the area. We will be placing some T.B.s in the area and hope to bring some back home. So are also interested in meeting Geocachers in the Kent (Elham) area.

Keiko

Hello

We live in Northern California, USA and will be visiting our Aunt who owns a home in Elham. We plan to arrive around the 1st week in August, and would like to talk with some Geocachers in the area. We will be placing some T.B.s in the area and hope to bring some back home. So are also interested in meeting Geocachers in the Kent (Elham) area.

Keiko

Sorry, we're not that near Elham. As I said before, not many Kent cachers use these forums which is a shame.

Lisa

Don't worry minstrelcat you're not alone any more. There another two kent cachers online now and slowly working our way thorugh the forums.

Mind you beccas still mighty anoyed her shoes got a bit muddy on the lose youself in loose cache - serves her right for not bringing her boots mind.

Dan

Found my first cache today.....

Brockhill Park......using only my TomTomGo......Lost my virginity at last... :lol:  :(  :D  :lol:  B)  B)  B)

See I told you it can be done with a Tomtom Go. As I said on another post I had forgot my Etrex and only had my TTG to find the caches.

I've found quite a few caches using just my iQue 3600 which is basically a Palm PDA with a built-in GPS receiver. I just gradually zoom in on the map as I approach 'ground zero' and when the little triangle is directly over the cache icon on the map, I bend down and pick up the cache.... well, almost anyway :rolleyes::D

The only problem is the very limited battery life when the GPS and backlight are powered up. It's not practical for a days caching but it is OK for the occasional 'passing cache'.