New Email Suggestion

Super_Nate

Hi,

I have a suggestion for emailing options.

I have the option to be notified via email when a new cache pops up on the screen. I think there should be a notification via email if a cache in your area has been archived! I searched for a cache a little while ago...and searched...and searched and couldn't find it! Turns out the cache was archived and I never saw it go.

This would be a helpful feature for those in big cities, where there are thousands of caches to find.

If this is something that would be interesting then I would like it to be suggested to those who could make it possible.

Thanks B)

I think this may work for your suggestion. You will use the new bookmark list option that GC just added. Add all of the local caches to your list (or lists according to how many caches). You will need to add new caches to the list as they are activated.

When you make this list--check the option that says to notify you when logs are posted to the caches on your list. I know it can be a lot of email with all of the logs that will be posted. This way when a cache is archived on your list, you will receive notification of it--------along with everything else posted too.

Just an idea. Feel free to hate it <_<

Yup, Pocket Queries and GSAK are the way to go.

Since I usually cache on weekends, I have a PQ for my local area that runs available caches (active, not found) every Friday (you can run them daily if you'd like).

I've created a GSAK macro to import the PQ, filter it, then export it to MapSource (for planning purposes), Cachemate and my GPSr. Takes less than 5 minutes to update everything, including hooking up the PDA and the GPSr. Little or no chance of hunting an archived cache.