Cache Placing Accidents

Pengy&Tigger

I know we`ve had caching accidents when hunting, but what about while placing caches?

Just wondered as while placing a new cache, climbing up a tree to put some little glow tacks, managed to fall about 6 foot out of the tree on my back. Luckly no damage done, well a few brusies. Nothing broken, only a few branches on the way down.

When placing caches we seem to look for more extreme places to place it, only after thinking.... Ummm that`s a little hard for people to get to.

Another time on a steep bank, I`d gone down a steep embankment hanging on to tree roots, Tigger came to have a look where I placed it, only to go skidding past at some speed, on her bum right down the slope and nearly ending up in the river.... Afterwards we thought... ummm maybe this one is a little to dangerous. We never placed the cache.

We tend to be a little more adventurous when looking for hiding places. Anyone else have that, "That would be a great place, but think maybe a little too dangerous for others" feel when placing caches?

Pengy

We tend to be a little more adventurous when looking for hiding places. Anyone else have that, "That would be a great place, but think maybe a little too dangerous for others" feel when placing caches?

absolutely!

One or two of mine are a bit slippery (eh, Hornet?) but in setting one I had to discount a couple of good spots because of the proximity to a steep cutting. I did not want to be responsible for anybody falling down it, and I could just picture somebody absent mindedly stepping back and fogetting it was there. I found a slightly less excting location for that cache... and still got to use the cliffs and falling rocks attribute, yay!! :surprise:

I have used my fingernails (and increased friction caused by big bum!) to cling precariously to a few cache locations in the past. I haven't found anywhere I really would not yet care to go and my sometime caching companion, Giav, does so like to climb trees!