Pocket Query Results Email

spud67

I have just recently added to the number of premium members and tried the pocket query system. I still have not received an email with the results of the pocket queries I created and it has been almost a hour. The system tells me the results were created but I have no email with teh ZIP file attached. How long to I have to wait or did I do something wrong. I clicked on the day of the week I wanted the query generated and picked Friday and Saturday. How come I don't have anything for Friday when the system tells me it was created? :huh:

I have just recently added to the number of premium members and tried the pocket query system. I still have not received an email with the results of the pocket queries I created and it has been almost a hour. The system tells me the results were created but I have no email with teh ZIP file attached. How long to I have to wait or did I do something wrong. I clicked on the day of the week I wanted the query generated and picked Friday and Saturday. How come I don't have anything for Friday when the system tells me it was created? :huh:

If you are using GMAIL it is having issues lately.

Once you have your query set up, go to **"My Pocket Queries”**, and click on **"Preview"** in the box on the left of the name to see the results of your PQ set up.

If you aren’t seeing a thing, most likely you checked too many boxes on the set up. Most new users, usually **over check** the boxes. Resulting in canceling out each other.

1) Check your email set up. Make sure you are checking the email address where the GC bot is sending it.

2) If you are using a spam filter, you may be blocking it. I think Hotmail, has this problem, more than others.

3) Time wise, you should get rather quickly. I know the Boss Man has commented that it takes only a minute or two, literally.

If you need more help, stop back and ask. :huh:

Hope this helps.

SF1

Thanks for the replies.

I am using the ZIP files, my local service provider email SaskTel and the pocket query is for the caches in the province of Saskatchewan and another for the caches in Manitoba. The preview results are showing up just fine, all caches in Manitoba and Saskatchewan are showing up correctly. I only have one email address and that is what I used to register with Geocaching. I even tried the alternate email and entered the one email I have. I also selected the days I want the queries generated, one last night and one today but the only email I had was one telling me there was a reply on this topic.

:huh: Test email received no problem.

--This message was sent through the Geocaching.com web site--

This is a test email for you as i mentioned on GC.com.

User's Profile:

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=36...4e-8ddb61ba5d76

------------------------------------------------------------

Forward abuse complaints to: contact@geocaching.com

Edited by spud67

I thought I would try a query that would only run once to see if the system emailed it to me or not. It never worked and I also selected a few different things on the query like container size, the type of cache and from my local postal code. The preview shows the results of the query but my email inbox is still empty. The bulk email setting for the ISP and the spam blocker is set up to allow emails through from geocaching.com.

Is the system that emails the queries out to the users using geocaching.com at the end of the address to comes from?

:) I just tried to run another PQ and have a ZIP now in my email inbox. I am not sure what has changed or if I did anything different. It is working for me now anyway. Now I just have to find the time to wirk with these new files and GSAK. Happy caching all. Edited by spud67