Transfer - New Log Type In Travel Bugs?

MrCOgeo

Wasn't transfer so that if the bug was lost or in the wrong cache you could put it where it belonged or in an unknown location?

Well actually there is all ready an option that travel bug owners AND CACHE OWNERS for other people's bugs, can use called "Mark this bug missing" that marks the bug to an "Unknown Location"

---I am thinking this would have been a good question to ask in the "Geocaching Website" forum where the TPTB hang out most of the times. Any willing admin want to transfer this over there?---

Edited by MRCOGEO

Yes, but when you know that your bug is in a certain cache because it's made it all but sixty miles from it's goal and then someone takes it to friggin' west virginia and doesn't log it into the cache perhaps this allows you to move it into that cache yourself? I mean, I guess you could just log it normal, but perhaps this allows you to do it without having to log on the cache page, etc...

Me? Bitter? No way!

...in the wrong cache you could put it where it belonged...

... perhaps this allows you to move it into that cache yourself? I mean, I guess you could just log it normal, but perhaps this allows you to do it without having to log on the cache page, etc...

Oooh yeah, I like that path of thinking. Sure would make it easier to show up on the cache page without going through the usual log-grab-log-place-delete procedure. Well my interest is definetly piqued!

Edited by MRCOGEO
attempting to transfer does give me a log

" 2/23/2005 BlueDeuce transferred it to  " Of course nothing actually happened that I could see.

I wonder if it's to allow the transfer of ownership to another cacher.

send it to me and we'll know B)

Shouldn't you be busy running for club president? (inside joke)

Transfer will be used for transferring ownership of travel bugs and geocaches to other users. It was never meant to be an option for cache listings and should be removed now.

Well since this question has been answered, I'll be closing this one! <_<

Transfer ownership,huh?, more power to the people and let the overworked "man" deal with the other fun stuff!