Gsak And User Id

tastom

I found alright my User ID, but I have problems to save it in GSAK. In which format do I have to enter it? Only the pure digits, or the whole line in brackets?

So far, I tried both ways, but GSAK won't accept the entry either way. If if only enter the digits, it tells me to enter commas as in the coordinates and if I enter the whole line, it says that I didn't enter the User ID at all.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any assistance

tastom

My mistake, you wanted to know how to enter your user ID and I was telling you how to enter the unlock Clyde sends you when you register. Just in case we are talking about the same thing. When I registered Clyde sent me an e-mail with my code on it to enter. I couldn't get it to accept it. I finally had to copy and paste the code to get it to accept the code. I finally figuered out I was putting in the letter l for number one. It is case senstive. Good luck. Dick, W7WT

Edited by W7WT

G'day

I assume you are trying to enter your gc.com user ID? If so go to Options ==> Tools ==> General and click on Use gc.com user ID# and enter just the number there. Once you have done that click the ok button.

You might find it easier to enter your gc.com caching team name. This is the approach I have taken.

BTW Clyde hangs out and generally responds very quickly to the GSAK suppport forum in Geocaching Australia forums. It can be found at http://forum.geocaching.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=534. As I understand it you need to join the forum to access the thread.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Andrew

Thank you all guys (and gals?) for your answers. It was for the Geocaching User ID. I had found it previously, but it wasn't accepted in the appropriate field. After several additional tries it worked fine.

NightPilot, in the Tools > Options, I wanted to enter the # for the cache ownership.

I'm all set now, thanks again