Groundspeak Cache Stickers

sTeamTraen

Does Groundspeak sell an indelible marker that actually writes on, and sticks to, an "Official Geocache" sticker ? How do people get the cache name and details to stay there ? Mine rub off the first time I touch the sticker. I've tried several pens - obviously not the right sort yet.

(Subsidiary: And how about a magnifying glass to facilitate writing on the micro stickers?)

Nick

Sharpies write on *anything*, but you do have to let the ink dry. If you rub it immediately it will come off or smear.

Shouldn't have a problem finding Sharpie pens at your local office supply store, even in Canada.

I love Sharpies! I'm a newbie, and have already left one as a cache item. I wouldn't sneer at one on a find, either!

Edited by Spamiam
I'll try and find one of those brand names here in France... ;)

You could always buy them online if you can't find them in a store there. It will be more expensive to have them shipped but a box of Sharpies should last you forever and you'll be amazed at how you lived your life without them since they can write on nearly anything.

There must be permanent-ink pens in France. After all, Germany had them when I was stationed there 84-86. Go and look in an office supply store, and if you don't see them, ask for help there. The other types of store that might have them would be a hardware store. Honestly, I can't think of a store here in the US which would sell pens and not sell some brand of permanent marker.

There must be permanent-ink pens in France. After all, Germany had them when I was stationed there 84-86. Go and look in an office supply store, and if you don't see them, ask for help there. The other types of store that might have them would be a hardware store. Honestly, I can't think of a store here in the US which would sell pens and not sell some brand of permanent marker.

There are... just all the ones I tried so far weren't very permanent. The search continues...

I just looked up your locale. Strasburg? I was stationed in Karlsruhe!

Anyways, since you are on the border, you could try some store in Germany to see if they have some different brands.

Oh, I just had a horrible thought: We'll get a travel bug, and attach a Sharpie as its hitchhiker! Goal: sTeamTraen in France! Then you'll have all the fun and anguish as it makes its way to Hawaii, Australia, Tazmania, Peru, the Antarctic, Germany, Taiwan, Spain, South Africa, UK, Sweden, Tibet, and finally lost in a cache in Nancy.

Oh, I just had a horrible thought: We'll get a travel bug, and attach a Sharpie as its hitchhiker! Goal: sTeamTraen in France! Then you'll have all the fun and anguish as it makes its way to Hawaii, Australia, Tazmania, Peru, the Antarctic, Germany, Taiwan, Spain, South Africa, UK, Sweden, Tibet, and finally lost in a cache in Nancy.

:huh:

So far I've released 4 TBs (3, plus the copy tag when the first one went missing):

1. Muggled in 24 hours :lol:

2. Moved twice, now in a cache which is there (last find 2004-09-06) except that the owner can't find it (owner logged DNF 2004-08-30) :lol:

3. Moved twice, people who are holding it plan to place it "real soon now" (that makes 4 months I've been gently reminding them) :huh:

4. Yess! One got to its destination within two months ! (And is now buried under snow on a mountain in Austria, waiting for spring)

BTW, I just checked one of the pens which people at work use to write on recorded CDs, and it seems to work !!

Nick