Pocket Query Questions

I am set up with GSAK and Cachemate and ran a pocket query for 500 caches nearest my house and everything is running great. I set it up for Tuesday because this is the day I did it. Here's my question, this will run on Tuesday from here on out, right? Can I set up a daily query that will inform me when new caches come up? How do I do this? I had tried to set up a new query to run daily and I haven't received any emails yet except the first day I ran it. What time of day do they run?

To answer your first question, yes. As long as you have the query marked to run for Tuesday (and you didn't select the "run once and delete" box) your PQ will run every Tuesday.

You can set up additional queries to return new caches, although there is little reason to restrict the query to just new caches. GSAK is very useful in that you can keep adding queries to your database, and it will update the caches. If you get only queries with new caches, the majority of your caches won't be updated.

So why haven't you gotten any emails since the first day? Several theories. The first is that recently (the last few days) there has been a known problem with the queries running way behind. I didn't recieve my Wednesday query until late, late Thursday.

On the other hand, if you have your PQ set up to give you only new caches, it might very well be that there aren't any new caches to send to you. Hmm. That just gave me a thought. Will the site email you an empty PQ?

Jamie

Is there anything else fishy going on with PQ's?

I'm asking because I decided to run another, and although I chose everything I had before.. it came back stating nada. Zilch. Zero. So, I went back and UN-checked everything. BOOM. Results, although very strange results. (Backward triggering on the options?)

Then, I ran yet another. No matter how far out in milage I tell it to go (i.e., 150 mi), and no matter what states if any I pick (there is mine and one very nearby for a total of 2 for myself), PQ will not return with listings of those caches that A] I've found and B] are only about 30 air miles from my zip. :D

Anyone know what gives? I've looked high and low for a status page, but.. nada.

Regards,

B) -- LostFool

"Never underestimate...."

I'm asking because I decided to run another, and although I chose everything I had before.. it came back stating nada. Zilch. Zero.  So, I went back and UN-checked everything. BOOM. Results, although very strange results.  (Backward triggering on the options?)

Still doing that, so I'm going to presume backward triggering options until further notification.

Then, I ran yet another. No matter how far out in milage I tell it to go (i.e., 150 mi), and no matter what states if any I pick (there is mine and one very nearby for a total of 2 for myself), PQ will not return with listings of those caches that A] I've found and B] are only about 30 air miles from my zip.

Ok, a bit o'egg on my face here. It never dawned on me how over saturated my locale is and thusly was causing the above to occur. So, I've shortend my milage search down to 50, and may go down further to 30, and started various PQs allocated to zipcodes. I'll see how that works out (and hope thats what is causing the above).

Would be nice if there was a detailed help file or manual for PQs on the page itself. ;)

Edited by LostFool