How Should I Log A Revisit To A Cache For Tb?

WillDeBeast

Given the scenario listed, it should be posted as a note.

That said, I think people should not revisit caches just to grab bugs, unless that bug was specifically meant for them. Bugs tend to draw new finders to the cache, and revisiting caches just to grab bugs seems unsportsman-like. But that is my .02, many people don't care either way.

I agree with Donbadabon. I would not generally revisit a cache just to pick-up a travel bug. I would, however, if the bug was for me or it was a particular bug I was tracking. I have a different rule for dropping of travel bugs. If I know I will not be able to get to a new cache in a reasonable amount of time, I will revisit a cache to drop off a travel bug. I have also revised a cache that is close to Dulles International Airport to drop off travel bugs that want to head to Europe. In those cases I just post a note.

Not only can you revisit a cache for a TB, you'd be missing out on the sole purpose of geocaching if you didn't.

People do care either way. The point of a bug is to make its goal even it's just to keep moving.

Visit them caches, grab them bugs, have fun.

Do not listen to advice that moving a bug robs other cachers. If they are missing out they need to get there and start caching more.

On topic, no, revisiting a cache doesn't warrant another find.

Edited by BlueDeuce
That said, I think people should not revisit caches just to grab bugs, unless that bug was specifically meant for them.

I disagree. If I see a bug in a nearby cache that wants to go to places that I may be going, I'll get it and take it. That's the whole point in my opinion.

Log it as a note. Don't go taking a TB just for the sake of taking it. If you can help it along it's journey, then that's fine, but if you can't move it along and you are just going to hang on to it because you think you might be able to place it somewhere someday, then don't. All too often, that's how bugs get derailed and never heard from again.