Converting Downloaded Files From Geocaching.com

Scooter38401

Hi all;

I am a newbie here, having just officially gotten a new GPS for Christmas. I am using Easygps to manage waypoints from the geocaching.com website, and have just loaded my mapsource software that came with my gps (Garmin GPS V Deluxe). I see that when you download waypoints from the geocaching.com website, they are saved as a .loc file. Mapsource accepts .wpt, .rte, .trk, or .grm file types. Does anyone know of a simple way to convert these so I don't have to type each one into Mapsource?

GSAK is awesome. i believe GPSBabel will do the same stuff for free but GSAK adds [more of] a graphical user interface to it to make it much simpler to use if you're not up to command-line stuff. :blink:

edit: it's been a while since I used GPSBabel... sorry 'bout that, robertlipe. :unsure:

Edited by robert

I still say for ease of use, you can't beat EasyMPS. It even has a few features that the other programs don't have like category and it's really free. I really like GSAK enough to have subscribed, but if you are simply trying to put .loc files into your GPS, EasyMPS is the simplest way to do that. If on the other hand, you are using GPX file, simply get the latest version of MapSource.