Merry Christmas 2

Hi all again

I am,at the moment, doing quite well (i think)

Am able to do a filter of where i want to go in GSAK, export it as csv and pop it onto autoroute.

Thats fine.

My question is i then need to go online to print the webpages for the ones i want to goto.

printing is fine by me,not got handheld thing(yet will talk to santa again), but is there anyway to down load the info in 1 go? Is that where the Pocket Queries and GXP files come in (am using loc files from geocacheuk at the moment)

I can then zap all the waypoints into my ventura straight from GSAK, but thy come up with the first 8 letters of the name, not the geo 6 figure ref. Is there a way round this,just to make it easyer to cross ref.

Last silly one, can you upload tracks into autoroute when i get home?

Thanx again in advance

Merry christmas to you all

Ian

Hi all again

I am,at the moment, doing quite well (i think)

Am able to do a filter of where i want to go in GSAK, export it as csv and pop it onto autoroute.

Thats fine.

My question is i then need to go online to print the webpages for the ones i want to goto.

printing is fine by me,not got handheld thing(yet will talk to santa again), but is there anyway to down load the info in 1 go? Is that where the Pocket Queries and GXP files come in (am using loc files from geocacheuk at the moment)

I can then zap all the waypoints into my ventura straight from GSAK, but thy come up with the first 8 letters of the name, not the geo 6 figure ref. Is there a way round this,just to make it easyer to cross ref.

Last silly one, can you upload tracks into autoroute when i get home?

Thanx again in advance

Merry christmas to you all

Ian

You can use GSAK to print out just the caches you want, in one go.

Just put all the waypoints you want to visit into one database, and then, from the GSAK print option choose "Condensed HTML". It will then print out all the cache pages in one go. (That is if you have loaded GPX files into GSAK)

For the code download, go into GSAK export and select %code where it asks you how to choose Waypoint Name.

Edited by Lost in Space

Might be worth getting a cheap palm PDA (ebay 20quid ish) and cachemate . Then export from GSAK in to the palm from the same filter

edit: oopps yes you will need GPX files in your GSAK for this to work. forgot you can load .loc files into GSAK. membership is at an all time low now (around 16 quid) with the exchange rate as it is

Edited by Deego
LostAgainAndAgain wrote:

...but is there anyway to down load the info in 1 go? Is that where the Pocket Queries and GXP files come in (am using loc files from geocacheuk at the moment)

Yes, it is. loc files only contain the basic information like cache name, co-ords and waypoint id, whereas gpx files contain pretty well all the information from the cache page except images.

But to receive them, whether directly or as Pocket Queries, you need to pay the money and become a paid member of gc.com. As Deego said, it's only about sixteen pounds a year at the moment - the actual figure is thirty dollars, which could of course go up or down in pounds in the future depending on the exchange rate.

Hi all

Thanks for all the help.

Would you belive it I wrote all that then went back to the GSAK help file and understood it!! typical relly eh! will ask what the meaning of life is next time, might manage to work that out myself lol

Still not found out if i can upload tracks to autoroute, oh well

Am going to stick to bits of paper for now, find it much easyer than all this 21st century stuff (sorry to all the enviromental ppl out there)

Thanks all very much.

Ian