Etrex Venture Question

falcon28

I was wondering if anyone knew how to change the frontpage of the venture . I would like my name and address to appear. Thanks. :smile::lol::lol:

I have a Legend and a Legend C and the both have a icon in their menues that allow you to edit the welcome page. I have upgraded the software on the venture but still have not found where to change the data. I am giving the venture away for x-mas and wanted to have it personalized with her name as she tends to misplace things. :D:lol:

Thanks all and have a Merry Christmas!!!!

Edited by falcon28

Okay, so I'm trying to edit my eMap Warning message using MeMap.

MeMap doesn't find the "WARNING" text, so it produces the following message:

e32f938d-7a51-453a-bcd7-50290f8942f3.jpg

Prior to running MeMap, I downloaded the latest eMap firmware which is now version 2.90. It produces an rgn file 000101000290.rgn. It's the only rgn file I have to work with. But MeMap ain't finding the message.

What am I doing wrong? Why ain't it working for me? <_<

I tried changing the All caps "WARNING" to all lower case "warning", and mixed "Warning". Still drawing a blank.

Edited by Neo_Geo

No, by re-upgrading you are overwriting the code in the receiver (the code that MeMap adjusts).

I think I remember the reason it doesn't work in some models is they changed to a graphics file rather then text or had to compress it to save space or something

Yes, in the later firmware releases of the eMap Garmin was trying to squeeze every last bit out of the code. One of the tricks was apparently to replace the straight ASCII encoding of text with a more compact encoding. As a result the MEMAP program originally developed for the eMap no longer works with that unit although it still works with many other Garmin models.