Geocaching This Weekend

nfa

Hi,

My wife and 2.25 year old son are out of town this weekend, and as much as I love them, I am excited!!!

I've got about 10 geocaches lined up that I've been waiting for for awhile. I'm going to hit a couple of geodashing waypoints. I'm going to place a Terracache. I'm working on a a multi-cache with some friends in a neighboring state :lol: . I would like to replace/upgrade some cache containers of mine with ammo-cans. I'm doing some initial planning of an "Adirondack Decachalon" to be launched this summer. I'm hoping to have an event in January approved so that I can promote it a bit.

I'd also like to see a grown-up movie (National Treasure is in the lead so far, with Ocean's Twelve a close runner-up), go for an XC-ski, take a nap, and get in some reading...

I might have to call in sick on Monday :o

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

nfa-jamie

Sounds like a great weekend, Jamie, have fun!

I'm still up in the air for Saturday. There is an event 250-300 miles away that I would like to attend, but 600 miles driving on top of a full day of caching is rough, and I promised Planet that I would this cache with her Sunday morning for her 400th find. We'll see how I feel tonight.

I am still recovering from my broken ankle but am blessed with the rest of the horsegeeks. They are going with me (or I am going with them) on about a 75 mile caching run for about twenty caches. Even though I can't accompany them on the trail I still am just as happy when they come back the car with smiles on their faces after finding a cache. We will do our 1000th cache this weekend and am thrilled whether I actually put my hand on it or not. What a hobby. Merry Christmas

Hi,

My wife and 2.25 year old son are out of town this weekend, and as much as I love them, I am excited!!!

I've got about 10 geocaches lined up that I've been waiting for for awhile.  I'm going to hit a couple of geodashing waypoints.  I'm going to place a Terracache.  I'm working on a a multi-cache with some friends in a neighboring state :o .  I would like to replace/upgrade some cache containers of mine with ammo-cans.  I'm doing some initial planning of an "Adirondack Decachalon" to be launched this summer.  I'm hoping to have an event in January approved so that I can promote it a bit. 

I'd also like to see a grown-up movie (National Treasure is in the lead so far, with Ocean's Twelve a close runner-up), go for an XC-ski, take a nap, and get in some reading...

I might have to call in sick on Monday :)

nfa-jamie

Wow! Thats a big to do list :) Sounds like fun, If you have the time... You should hide a Moving cache as well ;):);)

We had a great weekend geocaching. It was actually our first. We are currently on vacation in the glen rose region of texas. Started yesterday with some simple 1/1 type caches and went on to dinosaur valley state park for another 3 caches, all of them 3/3.5 - after this weekend we have 7 finds under our belt and love it. Today was a long day hiking 7.5 miles for the three caches and we loved it. Hooked after the first weekend ;-) Planning on doing three more tomorrow!

Hi,

I've got about 10 geocaches lined up that I've been waiting for for awhile.  I'm going to hit a couple of geodashing waypoints.  I'm going to place a Terracache.  I'm working on a a multi-cache with some friends in a neighboring state <_< .  I would like to replace/upgrade some cache containers of mine with ammo-cans.  I'm doing some initial planning of an "Adirondack Decachalon" to be launched this summer.  I'm hoping to have an event in January approved so that I can promote it a bit. 

I might have to call in sick on Monday <_<

nfa-jamie

I found 6 geocaches, bushwhacked for 3 hours to get a geodashing point, listed a terracache, dropped off some TBs and upgraded a cache of mine to an ammo-can, the event was approved, saw "National Treasure", Shopped at Lowes, finished one book and started a new one, slept late this morning, hid a "gift-cache" for a friend, made a little headway planning the ADK Decachalon, cut a tree in our woods for my wife and son, and took the dogs on a nice walk...It was a great weekend! <_<

nfa-jamie

Metaphor...where does your son go to school?

Edited by NFA

I went 7 for 8 on a beautiful sunny December day at a nearby state park. Mid 60s and dry. A truly awesome day to be outside. The eighth and last cache had been logged as a dnf for the past few cachers (including a local guru). I did a thorough check and reluctantly posted a "should be archived." 8 for 8 would have capped off a really great day.

One cache in particular struck me as the quintessential cache today. Hidden by Cherokeecacher, it had great swag, a fun story on the cache page, a clever hide, and a wonderful walk on a glorious day! Could anyone ask for more?