60cs Topo Map Color

I have a 60CS along with the TOPO USA maps. The background color of the maps is black. The ground is black and the water is dark blue.

Is there a way to make the ground color green?

The package the GPS came in shows a green background that looks like a topo map?

Other than that I've got the unit pretty well figured out. Much more advanced than the Eagle Explorer this unit replaces.

Check out the Mapsource viewer on the Garmin website. Mapsource viewer

Correction: After looking more carefully at areas in Pennsylvania that I am familiar with, the background is almost all tan/brown except for scattered green areas that may be State Forests or Gamelands. They weren't labeled, so I can't be sure. It does appear, in PA at least, the primary background color is tan.

Edited by Klatch

daddy oh no,

I just bought the 60CS and I am not looking to possibly buy the topo sw. How do you like it? I ride a quad in the desert and am wondering if it would show the riding trails? What do you think? Also how do you like the Garmin?

Thanks!!

Sorry it posted twice not sure what happened!

Edited by campermama

I love the 60CS, it is very easy to use with very intuitive operation. It picks up the signals very quickly, even in heavy tree cover. I'm new to geocaching, but this thing is ideal for that too. The topo USA is very good. It shows most of the major trails and roads. The labels are easy to read. The detail and resolution is not what you'll see in a USGS 7.5' paper map, but it's still pretty good.

I'm very happy with it.