Garmin 60cs, Suppports Tide Prediction?

Vistalia

I am going to buy a Garmin 60CS and I am wondering if it supports tide prediction if I download the "Tide Station" map from Blue chart.

Yes. I have a 60C (same as your 60CS, but without sensors) and I use the tidal info just fine.

This is from GPS Information.net in part: "Although Garmin doesn't include the 60C in their list of recommended units to display Tide Tables, and may void the warranty, but the 60C apparently can display them. They are available as a 5.13 MB download."

Click here: Review for the complete review. Good luck, and enjoy!

Right after I got my 60c I was in New Orleans, and found out by accident that it DID displat tide tables even without BlueChart! If you move the arrow around the map and select a costal location, it will display tide station information up and down the coast from the selected location for quite a distance. All this from the base map, mind! For a demo, select something in the Bay of Fundy, or Penobscot Bay in Maine---

Tom

BilgeRat, did you ever load any detailed maps on your unit? the reason I ask is I think the tide stations you saw are on the "Marine POI Database" rather than the basemap. Not that it really matters, but other members should be aware because if they have loaded detailed maps they will no longer have the POIs. They can go to Garmin's website to get this database so they can reload it if they have zapped it!

Yes, the 60C/S, 76C/S and the color eTrexes will all do tide predictions. You do NOT need to get the Blue Charts software to do it. You can load them along with other maps such as City Select, Topo, or MetroGuide.

See the following threads:

Gpsmap 60c Tide Predictions, I thought the 60C didn't have these ...

Mapsource Us Tides Software, Will It Work on Legend C & Vista C

Edited by Neo_Geo
This is all very good but can get tide info for areas outside the US.  Specifically Oman at the moment but am due to move in the new year so I am interested to know. 

Also do any Magelans offer this type of info

Ashoofak, You MIGHT be able to get the tide data if you buy BlueChart Atlantic.

Version 6.5 features include:

Updated map coverage areas for Americas, Atlantic, and Pacific versions

Notice to Mariner changes and new chart editions

Detailed electronic nautical charts for several pre-defined regions in the specified area--select the offshore region of your choice

Object-oriented cartography

Faithful representation of published official paper charts

Shaded depth contours

Intertidal zones

Spot soundings

Navaids with view range and coverage

Port plans

Chart-specific information, including chart name and number, scale, revision date, and latest Notice to Mariners date

Tides, wrecks, restricted areas and anchorages

Trip and waypoint management functions**

Real-time track plotting allows you to interface your Garmin chartplotter or handheld GPS with a PC laptop and must have compatible GPS with unlock code

Looks like MAW001R is the area you're looking for.

==================

Looks like Magellan offers MapSend BlueNav Charts providing large, highly detailed coverage areas and enhanced marine navigation information, including marine currents, tides, port services and much more..

Edited by Neo_Geo

My question is this. I've installed the tide predictions onto my 60csx however, I'm unable to figure out how to access them.

Anyone with any information, I would greatly appreciate it.

:santa:

Go to Find, then look for the Marine icon, in the same place you see the other types of Waypoints and/or points of interest.Within the Marine catagory you should see Tidal info.

My question is this. I've installed the tide predictions onto my 60csx however, I'm unable to figure out how to access them.

Anyone with any information, I would greatly appreciate it.

:santa:

Found the tide stations after digging around the find menu.

Press Find < Marine Points < Tide Station