Caching In Antarctica

Yerocrg

Well as to the OP's misspelling? of caches as opposed to cachers, I am currently in Antarctica and have had personal or email contact with at least 5 active cachers. The number will vary with the population. In the middle of summer (now) there are around 2000 people in McMurdo alone. Other statiions will vary by country and size of the station.

It is a little difficult to be real active a a cacher here when our jobs require 9 hour work days 6 days per week. The weather does not always cooperate either as the storms seem to come in late Saturday evening and keep our one day weekend kind of miserable!

I did however manage to get a very fine Sunday and go find a local cache three days ago. The temperature was in the low 30s F (around 0C) and the wind was not blowing very hard. Ross Island

More and more people are visiting this beautiful continent and although most places remain pretty inaccessable it is possible to find quite a few interesting caches. I have another 2 or 3 virtuals that need to be logged before I head back to Colorado in February B)

Wow it's warm there lol. Do you want a bug to get to THE north pole or the town of North Pole which has Santa Claus House etc? I only live 12 miles from North Pole. I also have a good friend that works in Barrow so she is home for a few weeks then up at work for a few weeks. She'd be happy to place a bug up there.

Georganne

Interior Alaska

-24F