New in AZ

SchwaGirl

Hey all!

Just thought I would see if anyone out there had some suggestions as to some good starter caches for our first time out.

My husband and I got an etrex and are ready! We live in Phoenix, and I know there are tons in the Valley so if you have any ideas, let me know.

Thanks,

SchwaGirl

Agreed. Welcome to the area!

It would help if you gave us a zip code to work with, which will help us point you in the right direction.

Also, if you would like, you can e-mail me using the addy in my profile. I can give you some advice/recommendations on areas to concentrate on depending on what level you want to cache at.

Brian

Team A.I.

Ok, so you moved to the only area of town (just about) that I haven't cached in yet. Unfortunately, I can't help you on cache recommendations out there, so I'll have to defer to someone from the listserv. wolfb8 (libby) would be a good contact point, since she placed quite a few of them.

Or you could just ask any of the Top25 listed on the Team stats, as it's highly likely many of them have visited the west side.

Brian

Team A.I.

Nearby easy finds are "Paseo" GC73AF, "Clamo's JR Little Spring" GCD987, "Marked Money Exchange" GCC7B7, "DLCache-2" and "DLCache-1" GCCA8C and GCCA8B for starters. Some more complex ones are "Just Around the Corner" GC7B97, "Park Hopping 101" GCB6EC, and "All American" GC42CE.

This should give you a good start. For a more complete list you can enter your zip code on the Hide and Seek page at http://www.geocaching.com/hideseek/.

There's a ton, as I've found most of them in the east valley so far. Drop me an e-mail off my profile and I'll hook you up with a list of some pretty easy ones around this side of the world.

Also, let me know what part of mesa specifically, and I'll tailor a list to that area for your starting. BTW, I'm in far east mesa, in the area of Ellsworth/Broadway.

Brian

Team A.I.