Logging Problem Or Mia?

unique

Please can it somehow be made very, very easy to log the picking up of a travel bug? I want to believe that the majority of people who say in a log that they're picking them up really do mean well. For some reason they just miss the step of ALSO logging into the TB's web site. If the log page can be made easy to "drop" a TB, why can't it be made easy to pick one up? I know. If I'm going to complain, I really should have some viable suggestions to make to correct this, but I'm just techie enough to get myself into trouble, not enough to give any good advice. I placed this question on the forum in the geocaching.com section and only got 2 replies. That amazed me that there wasn't more interest in logging these TB's. Do we just want to assume that they are MIA's and complain about it? If this has been addressed before and is considered beating a dead horse, please advise me and I will just be quiet about it. <_<

Please can it somehow be made very, very easy to log the picking up of a travel bug? I want to believe that the majority of people who say in a log that they're picking them up really do mean well. For some reason they just miss the step of ALSO logging into the TB's web site. If the log page can be made easy to "drop" a TB, why can't it be made easy to pick one up? I know. If I'm going to complain, I really should have some viable suggestions to make to correct this, but I'm just techie enough to get myself into trouble, not enough to give any good advice. I placed this question on the forum in the geocaching.com section and only got 2 replies. That amazed me that there wasn't more interest in logging these TB's. Do we just want to assume that they are MIA's and complain about it? If this has been addressed before and is considered beating a dead horse, please advise me and I will just be quiet about it. :mad:

I guess I'm just not sure what you mean about making it easy. I found "Trista the Tricer" on my second day caching (second cache found), and she was my first find. The directions on her were clear. I came home, visited the URL, and logged her as picked up. I'm not sure how they could make it much easier. If they can, that's cool.

I guess I just wasn't aware that there was a problem with people not knowing what to do with TB's. I figured that the ones that have gone MIA were simply people who either lost them and felt bad and didn't want to admit it, or people who (unfortunately) are less than honorable people.

I understand your confusion. Unfortunantly, there are many TB's that don't have instructions attached to them. In reading many of the logs, it's seems that finders think that they only have to "mention" their find in the cache log and they miss the need to go to the TB's url site. I have noticed, though, that there have been very few replies to my question. This leads me to believe that perhaps I'm the only one who sees the need for this to be made clearer. Guess I'll just go back to the fun part, geocaching, and let the techie stuff alone.

I understand your confusion. Unfortunantly, there are many TB's that don't have instructions attached to them. In reading many of the logs, it's seems that finders think that they only have to "mention" their find in the cache log and they miss the need to go to the TB's url site. I have noticed, though, that there have been very few replies to my question. This leads me to believe that perhaps I'm the only one who sees the need for this to be made clearer. Guess I'll just go back to the fun part, geocaching, and let the techie stuff alone.

Yeah...now I see what you're getting at. It's a shame that there isn't a field in the log for a cache, to also log a TB you may have grabbed or placed there. It's pretty easy already, as it is...but there still are some people who won't get it, the way it's setup now, with having to make two logs (one for cache, and one for TB).

I don't see why it can't be VERY simple. Let me clarify. When you make a log entry and you are holding bugs, the list of bugs you hold comes up at the bottom and you just pick the ones you want to drop off.

Why can't they do the same the other way? When you are logging a visit to a cache that has bugs in it, simply load the log page with the cached bug list so you can pick them off. Them when you click to submit, GC asks for the bug tag numbers to verify you have them. All done. Yes, I have suggested this, but so far, no luck.