Metroguide Sale At Target

davidbrit2

I just got back from Target (near Grand Rapids, MI), where I snagged not only MetroGuide North America v6, but also the car mounting kit and car power cable for my Legend. They've got all of this in a bundle on sale this week for only $99. :D

So if you're a cheapskate like me that's been holding out on buying accessories for your ETrex, now's your chance. Heh.

I'm waiting for some Christmas day disappointments. Among the 6 new Garmin Bonus Packs that Target just started carrying in time for the holiday season, are the Legend Bonus Pack (reg $180 - sale $169) and the Legend Car Pack (reg $120 - sale $99).

Legend Bonus Pack = Legend GPSr, neoprene case, video

Legend Car Pack = MetroGuide NA v6, car mount, car DC adapter

Does anyone see the glaring omission in the above contents?

That's right folks ..... no PC cable! And Target only sells these 6 Bonus Packs; no separate accessories. I feel sorry for the guy who gets both Bonus Packs as a Christmas gift and then realizes that he get even download maps until he gets a PC cable. How many days will that take? All day long he'll be looking at that Legend and the mapping software, and trying to devise some type of electronic osmosis. Maybe he'll even cast a spell or two wishing for that magical download.

So if this happens to anyone who then ventures into this forum -- I feel for you dude; in fact, we all do.:D And to answer your question ahead of time; no, there's no way you can load your maps without that PC cable ... sorry.

Way to go Target! :angry:

Well, that's gotta be an oversight. Legends come standard with a cable - can't imagine a BONUS PACK offer not coming with a cable.

Bottom line - a Legend for $169.00?!? That's way over the top anyway. They might sell a few, but any savvy online shopper will be able to find it for less. Amazon's got 'em for $129. :D

Darn, I just paid $119 for it at a local store.

I went back to target this weekend and got refunded the difference from what I paid and the sale price. :P

I already had bought the Metroguide V6 at cabela's so I sold the one that came with the package I got at target.

Sold the metroguide V6 on ebay for $85.

After my target refund and ebay sale the Garmin Mount and DC cord come out preaty cheap.

The Garmin mount is great, better then the ram mount I tried.