Garmin 60cs

thcri

I have noticed lately my Garmin 60CS is locking-Up about once every two or three days. I have it in my pickup with an external antenna and every so often it just locks up. Mostly after I have been auto-routing and I click on "Stop Navigating" It is then the pointer just stays even while I am moving.

I have to shut it down, which means I have to hold the On/Off button for about twenty seconds or there is times I even have to take the batteries out. Then when I turn it back on it takes forever to find the satellites.

It has the newest software version 3.5 on it.

Has anyone else had this trouble or is it just me.

murph

I've posted this in two other forums -- it definitely goes here as well!! I can confirm the lockup problems people have been discussing for the new 3.7 update.

Out geo-marathoning this past weekend. 60CS -- new set of batteries -- 3.7 software installed. It locked up on me 3 times during the day!! In all cases the circumstances were the same -- I was on a Follow Road with the Map Page showing. As we approached the cache, clicked on Menu -> Recalculate and was presented with the Follow Road or Off Road choices. At this point, everything locked. Could NOT even turn off the power. Had to open the case, remove the batteries, and start up again. Didn't have this problem with 3.5 or 3.6...