Some Downtime This Evening

Jeremy

ok it looks the db is being brought up. Just got an interesting error:

Cannot open database requested in login 'ASPState'. Login fails. Login failed for user 'sa'.

Now, I have never worked with MS SQL server, but I remember it is based on Sybase and 'sa' is the Sybase superuser account... does it mean the website is accessing the db with db administrator privileges? Just curious.

Hi,

the DB server update seems to have significantly improved the performance (atleast for now, maybe the load is not even close to 100% yet). Anyway, even from the other side of the planet pages load now in a flash. Thank you for this.

One comment though. It seems there is currently lot of caching going on. Unless the final aim (and actual state ;) is that (page)cache is refreshed EVERY TIME when live data changes, then it would benefit both the server and users if there was a little notification about the delay...(people are always eager to see instantly the latest logging, image, cache description or little thingy that they just uploaded). Anyway, as your DB is apparently read-mostly, I assume you can reach that refresh per every update state and this slight annoyance will not happen anymore.

Thanks,

dad@teameimi

Edited by TeamEimi

Heheh...

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Server Too Busy

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Server Too Busy

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. 

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Server Too Busy]

System.Web.HttpRuntime.RejectRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +148

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032

Heheh...

Server Error in '/' Application.

Server Too Busy

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Server Too Busy

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. 

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Server Too Busy]

System.Web.HttpRuntime.RejectRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +148

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032

I had that also... as well as a couple "page not found" errors. It went away pretty quick though and haven't seen it since.

What page did that happen on?

Heheh...

Illinois State search page from advanced. It then cleared itself later.

I've been getting partial responses from various pages all day long. Sometimes they work, others I get a message similar to the one above.

==================================

I'm also getting an error searching for a travel bug by keyword:

Full-Text Search is not enabled for the current database. Use sp_fulltext_database to enable full-text search for the database.

I'm also getting an error searching for a travel bug by keyword:

Full-Text Search is not enabled for the current database. Use sp_fulltext_database to enable full-text search for the database.

Since I did a lousy job with the search engine for travel bugs, I went ahead and set it back up to do a 'like' search on the travel bug name.