Success Stories?

Cryptik Souls Crew

I've seen loads of posts from people moaning about their bugs disappearing etc but never one about a bug achieving its goal or returning to its owner.

I figure they can't all get lost, so I want to hear about bugs that have completed their mission. Has one of yours? Have you taken a bug to its final destination?

Share your story and include a link to the bug...

:o Success story #1 ENTSOC BUG 1. Each time my husband and I attend an Entomology meeting I release two travel bugs which have a goal of reaching the vicinity of future entomology meetings. My very first bug ever was released in the Fort Lauderdale area in November 2002. It quickly got to the Cincinnati area, site of the Oct. 2003 Entomological Society meeting and then it vanished. But after a trip to the travel bug graveyard it surfaced again in central Ohio, was there in the fall of 2003 fairly close to Cincinnati and soon thereafter it was on it's merry way to Australia. It landed in Melbourne and soon moved to Brisbane, site of an International Congress of Entomology, August 2004. Shortly before the congress a Brisbane area cacher placed it in a new cache hidden very close to the convention center where the congress was held. A friend of ours picked it up and brought it back to the USA. It's now in Iowa and is going have to hurry to get to Salt Lake City by week after next for the upcoming ESA meeting. But I was delighted that it got to the International Congress. (it's twin ENTSOC BUG 2 wandered all over the eastern half of the USA and now is missing in Florida)

ENTSOC BUG 1 tracking TB5192

Lost Bird fell asleep in my sister's luggage when she was visiting our brother in Seattle, Washington. (That's our story, and we're sticking to it!) Lost Bird woke up in Maine! My sister enlisted my help to get Lost Bird back to Seattle. Two hops, over three thousand miles, and three months, Lost Bird made it back to Seattle. Thanks, Winky and Daredevil!!

Lost Bird (a.k.a. Furby For A Change)

Now, it seems, Furby For A Change has stollen the dogtag. He wants to visit Maine. He was last heard from, planning a flight to BudaPest. (BudaPest is NOT in Maine!) Stay tuned for further developments.

Liberty Nemo made it to the ocean, thanks to my help.

Austin's Joke Book is just a few hundred miles from its destination. When it gets there, I'll probably make a trip out to pick it up with my nephew, and we'll help him put together a show-and-tell at school, with a new joke book that his classmates can suggest jokes for. Re-release the bug with the new joke book to send it on a retirement cruise around the country. Or something like that. :(

Edited by mortaine