Anyone Use Ique?

O Crew

:anitongue: The battery life has never been an issue with me. Unless you are planning a four day hike, there is no problem. Use a standard GPS for the hike. And if you did want to do the four day hike, you could use a battery pack charger to recharge the batteries of the iQue.

I use my iQue for geocaching all the time. If I need my hands free for a short climb, I put the iQue in the pouch on my belt (with the antenna up).

And during a hike, the iQue will turn off the screen (the major power drain) after five minutes, but the GPS still operates and you can bring back the display at any time.

I can then look up the actual log on the pda part if needed and then do an electronic entry for syncing later (paperless geocaching).

And then find someplace nearby for a snack when finished! :laughing:

Well, I wasn't gonna hit this since it was moved, but I have one as well, and with the screen on constant, medium brightness, I got about 3 hours on a charge. It was dropped once (my 3 year old has since learned that NO ONE touches the treasure map lol). But, I wouldn't trust it on a heavy cache outing. You would really need a weather-proof case that allows it to still be used, plus some sort of strap to catch it from falling, as well as a secondary power source. So far, I've only done caches that can be walked to fairly easily, and with decent trails so I don't have to turn on the GPS until I get closer to the site. I have a SporTrak Pro for the days when that I get to that :anitongue: