Traditional/small/micro

sis

I just chanced one of mine that needed updating to try and duplicate what you are having problems with.

First I changed it from Micro to Small.

Then I checked off the two "yes I read it" boxes at the bottmom.

Then submitted the changed.

It dumped me back to the edit the cache page with a small note at the top in blue "Your cache has been edited"

If you are doing the same thing it should work.

When it shows up on the cache page who knows. I did a refresh and it shows up as micro. Going in to re-edit and it's a small, not a micro.

So now I know what you were talking about.

Edited by Renegade Knight

my problem is with the first block, "cache type". it is that faint gray color. the rest of the blocks are black and therefore changable. the cache type being faint in color won't allow for change. so it leaves me wondering...how in the world?

Changing the cache *size* from micro to small, or from regular to small, is an edit that can be made by the cache owner. Edit the *size* field.

A cache owner cannot change the cache *type* -- for example, to change a physical cache to a virtual cache -- once the cache is listed. That is why the cache *type* field is grayed out.

I've been trying for the last 3 days to change one of my old caches from reg to small. The "edit listing" button doesn't make anything happen.

thought?

Thanks

Please describe what happens, so that people can assist you. You should be returned to the edit page but with a line in colored text at the top that says your cache has been edited, and to click on a link to view the page. Sometimes people miss that statement.

Or, if you never get to that point, perhaps the problem may be the browser you are using. See the several current threads regarding the difficulties that AOL users are having at some areas of the website.

Please describe what happens, so that people can assist you. 

I go to cache (Kyra's cache). I click Edit this cache. I change from Regular to Small. I click two boxes at bottom. I click Edit Listing.

Nothing happens. (I am not on AOL.) IE flag/earth thing does not twirl. Page stays in editing mode.

For fun, I click Reset --> Nothing happens (same as above).

Additionally, I took one of my archived caches and edited it but no update (same as above).

So then I did report a new cache (I did leave "presently active" unchecked) and clicked Report New Listing and nothing happens (same as above).

I have tried this on different machines/ISPs/days.

Any admins out there are free to edit Kyra's for me. ;)