Moving One Of My Own Caches

You just need to make sure that whatever you do won't result in people visiting pointlessly. Making it temporarily unavailable whilst you visit it, and move it, and then making it available again would be best here I would think. Also post a note in the logs or on the page saying what is going on. Archiving is only for when the cache is permanently removed. Hope that helps :anibad:

Hi Dan

Thanks for the advice. I have done that, and I hope that I will be able to move it tomorrow and get it back on line.

Cheers

Geoff :o

When you try to edit the cache page, you might get a rude message about not being able to change the co-ords. If this happens get inb touch with Lactodorum or myself and we can do this for you.

Cheers and Cache Well,

Eckington

Hi walkergeoff,

I've clarification with the same experience on Cork Park (GCHX7W) now called Cork Park Drained! It was muggled and I couldn't get to it straight away so I took it off the search list by archiving it. I then changed it into a multi with a 1000 metre movement of the physical cache. To suit the change to multi I renamed the cache but am unable to change the type of cache (still shown as traditional) but I have made things clear in the instructions. Once all was complete and ready to go live I contacted Lactodorum/Eckington giving full details requesting they unarchive the cache. This approved the cache is once again live.

Hope this helps.

Hi walkergeoff,

I've clarification with the same experience on Cork Park (GCHX7W) now called Cork Park Drained! It was muggled and I couldn't get to it straight away so I took it off the search list by archiving it. I then changed it into a multi with a 1000 metre movement of the physical cache. To suit the change to multi I renamed the cache but am unable to change the type of cache (still shown as traditional) but I have made things clear in the instructions. Once all was complete and ready to go live I contacted Lactodorum/Eckington giving full details requesting they unarchive the cache. This approved the cache is once again live.

Hope this helps.

Get in touch with Eckythump/Lactoforum, they can change the cache type to multi for you. They have done this for me before.