Tb Just A Suggestion

When I go out caching I never look to see what TB's are in a cache i'm going to visit (on the cache pages). So when i get to a cache and find a TB i will nearly always pick it up. Only when i get home and log it do i find out its mission.

Now sometimes bringing it home doesn't help it's mission i've either carried it in the wrong direction, removed it from a particular area were it wants to stay and i'm not going that way again.....etc <_< .

NOW some people have very thoughtfully attached the mission of their TB to the TB itself...what a good idea ;) , that way you can decide if you are going to assist or hinder before you remove it.

SO just as a suggestion wouldn't that be a good idea for all new up and coming TB's.

Mart

p.s. i suppose i could always read the cache page first..... BUT when i'm paperless caching there are no TB's logged in caches.

When I set my travel bug off on it's mission (to get back from Australia to England), I put it in a zip-lock bag with a laminated mission card, a keyring showing where it should go, and some tear-off pieces of paper with the TB number and tracking number so people can take the details away if they move the travel bug during one day.

Lots of effort maybe, but then again, it has got back to Europe now (Germany) via the USA and has clocked up 26000 miles so far. (I hope I haven't just jinxed it!)

For my first 5 TB's, I hadn't thought about this and I have had a couple of probelms i.e. going totally the wrong way. I now attach a small laminated tag to my TB's so that they can stay on their mission. A couple of people have assisted me with getting tags onto a few of my first TB's but a couple of them are still out there without tags travelling around in circles.