Case For New Gps

EJDischer

I have the neoprene case from the GPS Store as referenced in the 2nd post. It has a clear plastic covering the face of the unit - it's not open.

It takes some effort to get on and off as it's pretty tight but it's nice to hold. On the back is a clip that fits nice on a D-ring on a shoulder strap of your backpack. It also comes with a lanyard attached to the clip. In addition, since I like to hold it in my hand, the clip itself is comfortable to have your hand grasp against vs all the way around the entire 76CS.

With the case on you can't charge it, nor will it fit in the auto adapter, but it does have an opening where the external antenna would go to. Also, unlike the Gibson case, this one seems to hang the proper way when clipped to a shoulder strap. The Gibson case has a clip but I think the unit hangs upside down.

Edit: In addition, I spoke with one of the folks from the GPS Store on the phone and he was very nice. I also purchased at the same time the adapter for my external antenna since it fit the BNC connector on the back of my GPS V and I needed it to fir the MCX connector on the 76CS. They shipped it quick and I'd definitely do business with them again.

Edited by Team DEMP

I use a screen protector when the GPS is out of the case and the stock normal old Garmin generic case when I'm not using the GPS.

Before that I used an old sock(who's mate went to that great sock place that all socks dissapear to) to protect it. Not the height of fashon but it worked well in the equipment bag to keep the GPS from getting banged up.

Works for me.

Edited by Renegade Knight
I have the neoprene case from the GPS Store as referenced in the 2nd post. It has a clear plastic covering the face of the unit - it's not open.

Ok, good. It didn't quite look like it did.

I have the case with no port openings in the back. Sure would be nice to at least one for the antenna. I guess I need to spend another 15 bucks. (No, I'm not going to cut into the one I have.)

I was at Walmart this evening. Saw a dig camera case that might be of use to many geocachers.

Samsonite, #803BK Was under $4.00 5 pockets.

online search best buy has it for $12.00

http://cdbg.net/best_bf_prod/Medium-Sized_...ag_-_803BK.html

Front pocket unzips to fold down. Spare Batteries, memory modules maybe should fit in there .. along with some cash/id..

Charles

Mt Vernon, WA