Log Tb Without Moving It

willowbrookfarm

As the Elf says, it all depends on who you talk to. The travel bug page does say log bug finds, and not bug moves. Some people like it, some don't some don't care. If you don't mind the extra logging work involved, it's all up to you. Most do not log bugs they only 'see'. After all, it's about the travels of the bug that people really care about, not the sitting stills. And for every log you make, the owner and the people watching it get an e-mail, whoopie, it didn't move an inch! So what's the point? But there are no rules. And I don't think one needs to be made.

It would be a few extra steps for you but I see no harm. If you include why you didn't grab it, it may prompt the owner to evaluate the hitchhiker's mission too.

Of course, I have found that if you wait long enough, someone will have a contrary opinion. <_<

Edited by GeoIA

Over this past summer I went to a bug hotel to drop off several bugs I had acquired. I took an equal amount of bugs out intending to take them on their jouneys, while leaving the cache I got a phone call from home that a family member was off to the hospital, since I was quite close to the cache I placed most all of them physically back in the cache, keeping a few that I knew I could move on ASAP. Since I had commputer access in the vehicle I had already logged them ALL out of the cache. Later that evening, I was able to virtually drop those I left at the cache back into the cache. What this looked like I am sure was just logging them in & out of the cache, but when I took them I had planned to move them along. Everyone has there reasons for doing similar drops & retrievals.

I agree with Fly46, you shouldn't actually pick up and place the bug in the same cache, without taking it.

If you want to mention it, just do it in your log, otherwise, you are just thinking numbers as far as I can tell.

I know of some cachers in my area who engage in this "virtual logging" of bugs on a regular basis.

edited to add, there are obviously exceptions as chstress53 has described! :D

Edited by norbu