How Do I Cope With This ??

MoonHerb

We recently visited a cache and discovered that the ammo box had been flattened by being driven over. The contents were fine (even the camera) but the box is in a sorry state and no longer waterproof.

I emailed the hiders but nothing happened. I've just checked their profile and they haven't visited since 'Monday, March 29, 2004'.

So, what do I do ?? It's not my place to ask someone to adopt this for a period, nor can I sort it out as it's a long long way from home (I didn't have a spare box with me at the tiem).

Any suggestions ?

<<I emailed the hiders but nothing happened. I've just checked their profile and they haven't visited since 'Monday, March 29, 2004'.>>

Nothing too unusual about this, in our experience. It seems to us that plenty of people put out caches and then never look at them again and we've been down this road several times.

It's not your problem so leave it and carrry on caching..

hmmmm... you could tell us which cache it is.

Perhaps there's a local cacher who could collect it and get the cache temporarily disabled until the owners come forward? If it's no longer waterproof it'd be a shame for the contents to get ruined, especially the log book. Or perhaps said local cacher could replace the box with a temporary cheap tupperware one available from most £1 shops?

True, it's not in your place to ask someone to adopt it ... but i guess there's no harm in asking!