My New Cache Doesn’t Show Up In My New Cache Q

Thot

I have a pocket query that runs every day to list new caches in my area. My new cache approved two days ago does not show up in the results. There's an option for omitting your own caches. I did not select that option.

Is this the way it works, or what?

Edited by Thot

The caches that I own show up in my PQ's. If you haven't specifically excluded the cache you own, it should be included.

Try running a new query and check just the "I own" criterion (and select the State where the cache is located). This should return only the caches you own, and would be a way to check and see if the cache is being picked up by PQ's. (You can do a quick check by clicking "run the search" once you get the page that says your query has been created).

If your cache is picked up in the "I own" only query, I'd double check original pocket query to be sure you haven't inadvertently excluded it based on some other criteria - i.e. container type, distance, etc.

If it's not picked up in the "I own" only query, then there may be some delay between having it approved and having it show up in PQ's!

It is a simple query. Any type, any container, etc. It accepts all the defaults except I selected the placed within the last week option. It has been returning the new caches in my area.

I did as you suggested I created a similar query with the only block checked for “I Own” and it does return my cache.

I confess I don’t understand that set of check boxes but none were checked and it’s been working. If I modify the query to check the I Own box it still doesn’t return my cache.

Hey thot! The cache page looks GREAT! Is this the same hide that you were worried about in the forums a few days back and you wanted to place it as a five year trial before enabling it, and we had to BEG you to just go ahead and report it?I notice something about your page I've never seen before, maybe it's just me: Your description bleeds off the page on the right, cutting off the last few letters of words--almost like the background was in front of the description instead of behind it--I don't know-- Do you see that? ;)

Hey thot! The cache page looks GREAT! Is this the same hide that you were worried about in the forums a few days back

Yes. And thanks.

you wanted to place it as a five year trial before enabling it, and we had to BEG you to just go ahead and report it?

More like a couple of weeks, and I did my test in spite of the scurrilous insults and abuse. :unsure:

I notice something about your page I've never seen before, maybe it's just  me: Your description bleeds off the page on the right, cutting off the last few letters of words--almost like the background was in front of the description instead of behind it--I don't know-- Do you see that? :unsure:

No, Monica, it's just you. ;)

I notice something about your page I've never seen before, maybe it's just  me: Your description bleeds off the page on the right, cutting off the last few letters of words--almost like the background was in front of the description instead of behind it--I don't know-- Do you see that? tongue.gif

No, Monica, it's just you. ph34r.gif

if you are operating in a multiple window mode (window not full screen) you might try making the window larger. It should set the scroll bars if larger than the window - you browser may vary.

Netscape does funny things that way - I'm using Mozilla and it looks ok. Mozilla is a Netscape clone.

Edited by CompuCash
I have a pocket query that runs every day to list new caches in my area. My new cache approved two days ago does not show up in the results. There's an option for omitting your own caches. I did not select that option.

Is this the way it works, or what?

I think I read here recently that a cache is only considered "new" for 7 days after its hidden-on date, not its approval date. Your cache is listed as having been hid on 9/7.

I think I read here recently that a cache is only considered "new" for 7 days after its hidden-on date, not its approval date.  Your cache is listed as having been hid on 9/7.

By golly you answered the puzzle -- the listing does say it was hidden on 9/7. Actually I requested it be approved Thursday 9/16. It was approved and listed on Friday 9/17. Unfortunately this means it will not show up on anybody's new-cache reports and local area cachers will have to stumble on the fact that it exists. :P

Edited by Thot
I think I read here recently that a cache is only considered "new" for 7 days after its hidden-on date, not its approval date.  Your cache is listed as having been hid on 9/7.

By golly you answered the puzzle -- the listing does say it was hidden on 9/7. Actually I requested it be approved Thursday 9/16. It was approved and listed on Friday 9/17. Unfortunately this means it will not show up on anybody's new-cache reports and local area cachers will have to stumble on the fact that it exists. :P

You can edit the hidden date now and still get 4 or 5 days with the "NEW" tag