Geocaching Presentations

southdeltan

I'm looking for any information on geocaching presentations there may be. I tried search and it only brought up a few things, some of which were broken links or too huge to download.

I'm also aware of Geocacher U and plan to use the information there.

I have a local geocacher that is doing a presentation for a Civic group (I'm really not sure what the group is) and he asked me for help. I've been meaning to work up some information and this has thrown me into high gear.

I'm not sure what resources he'll have - so I'm not sure if he's looking for media files or a powerpoint presentation. I suspect just general information.

I plan to use Geocacher U, the GC.com FAQ page, and a few other resources I've found. I just wonder are there more resources hidden out there - especially on group websites.

southdeltan

I've found that it works perfectly fine to just print up a bunch of the Geocacher-U geocaching brochures, distribute them and read through them with the group your presenting to. A good part of any presentation is indeed a demonstration, so maybe hide an impromptu cache nearby and explain how it all works. A powerpoint version of the geocaching brochure is on my projects list but lately, I've just sort of being doing little bits of all projects on the list..

I used that brochure along with a recent Houston Chronicle article in my presentation to the Houston Metro Area Park Directors.

The main item of interest was the actual caches, log books, GPSr, and cache swag that I brought for display. (3 boxes full of stuff to show a decent variety) We set up several hunts on the premesis and had teams of participants find them. I couldn't have done it alone. ParkerPlus was instrummental in pulling off a successful presentation. GET HELP. I'm glad that I did. Hands-ON is the best approach IMO.

I didn't use it, but, you can also download, or order, an excellent presentation from texasgeocaching.com.

Edited by Snoogans