co-ordinates????

MUKY

Howdy geocaching people, I have a question. I am looking for some coordinates to a location and was wondering if anyone had them. I am going to be taking a trip to the SKOOKUMCHUCK hot springs (also known as st.agnes well) and i was wondering if anyone had any gps coordinates for that area. If so could you e-mail them to me at mukboy69@hotmail.com or post them on this forum? E-mail would be better for me .

Thank you all so much.

muky icon_rolleyes.gif

An Address!! yea right. Skookumchuck is 70km down a logging road in the middle of nowhere.

N 49 57.888 W 122 25.924

Fortunately, I spend a lot of time in the middle of nowhere and have had to pleasure of soaking in St. Agnes' Well numerous times. These hot springs are on private property, but the owner lets anyone use the tubs as long as you behave. He does ask for a small donation for upkeep. The tubs are a series of fiberglass septic tank halves with a hose running in right from the hot pool where the spring pops out of the ground. The water in the pool is about 180 F, crystal clear, with just a faint sulphur overtone.

BTW: the closest cache is my "The Cairn at Nairn". You will go right by it as you head north from Whistler towards Pemberton on the way to the hot springs.

[This message was edited by MrGigabyte on February 07, 2003 at 09:24 AM.]

Hey Mr gig, thanks a million for those coordinates. That is really awesome. So you have been to skookumchuck hot springs before? Is it easy to get lost trying to find them? Anyways, thanks again. Maybe I will have to start a cache there or something. icon_biggrin.gif

Mr. gig I just entered those coordinates into my mapsource program and they are showing up at the south end of liloette lake. Now I know that there is two sets of hotsprings in that area , the sloquet hot springs which are a little further in and the skookumchuck hotsprings wich are closer to the highway. I was just wondering if you may have put the coordinates for sloquet accidently , or are they that far in? icon_confused.gif

quote:

have put the coordinates for sloquet accidently , or are they that far in? icon_confused.gif

That's where they are. I set a waypoint right at the entrance last time I was there. Right at the entrance, right next to the new St Agnes Well sign.

It is a long dusty road (in the summer). The view along the lake is nothing short of spectacular. Glaciers, icefields, first nations homesteads, beautiful BC.

I have a track log I can send you if you have a Garmin. Just let me know.