Loading Cache Descriptions To Palm Pilot

ScatStomper

I would really like to hear from 'cachers that use a "Palm Pilot" or similar PDA to store information from a cache page. I'm really green on the use of a PDA, but would like to know from someone that uses one (on a cache hunt) to look at the cache info.

I presently highlight the cache page information, copy it to the clipboard, then paste it in WordPerfect. I then edit it to reduce it down so that I get about 5 cache descriptions per printed page. I then carry the pages on a clipboard when I'm on the "hunt."

I'm interested in purchasing a PDA that would do the job of storing cache descriptions electronically.

B)

I would really like to hear from 'cachers that use a "Palm Pilot" or similar PDA to store information from a cache page. I'm really green on the use of a PDA, but would like to know from someone that uses one (on a cache hunt) to look at the cache info.

I presently highlight the cache page information, copy it to the clipboard, then paste it in WordPerfect. I then edit it to reduce it down so that I get about 5 cache descriptions per printed page. I then carry the pages on a clipboard when I'm on the "hunt."

I'm interested in purchasing a PDA that would do the job of storing cache descriptions electronically.

:)

I use a Palm Tungsten E and cachemate. Cachemate costs $7.00 and is worth every penny! B)

If thats all you want to do ,try rschoolf 's GeoClipping . It copies the web page and sends it as a memo to your palm..Get hint decorder too and you're good to go.

The web page for GeoClipping is gone but you could try contacting user name rschoolf

I have a Palm Vx, and my usual methods are:

For multiple caches, I generate a pocket query (GPX) of the nearest few hundred caches, run the GPX through GPXSpinner and then into Plucker onto the Palm.

For single caches, GeoClipper is great - I paste the clipped text into a note in Outlook and it shows up on the PDA. GeoClipping *is* still available at: http://users.adelphia.net/~rschoolf/geoclipping.htm

I found GeoClipping today and it rocks - nice and quick and easy for single caches.