What type of cache container do you use most often?

The Cache Raiders

What container I use depends on the cache placement.

If it is going to be in a high traffic area, I opt for a smaller container that is easy to conceal, like a decon box. If it's in a remote area, or someplace where it's unlikely to be found accidently, I use an ammo box. I use both .50 cal and .30 cal boxes, but I prefer the .30 cal because they are easier to conceal and still hold a lot of stuff.

"An appeaser is one who keeps feeding a crocodile-hoping it will eat him last" -Winston Churchill

I personally use the following.

Large Caches I use snap lock top containers at wal-mart for like $2. Holds a lot of stuff

Smaller caches I try to find screw top containers. Dollar stores carry great containers for see through caches. I like screw tops because they seem to seal better and stay on better when the cache get's stuffed.

Spaghetti containers work good too. These pasta containers can fit in really narrow places. Great for log and tree hollows.

Pill bottles for micros. I finally found a use for my monopril bottles!

I try to stay away from "Tin". It rusts. I wouldnt mind using ammo boxes except they do tend to be expensive. Also people "Freak" when they see them and they don't know what they are. They are by far the most durable.

--

SpongeRob

rwmech@keenpeople.com

www.keenpeople.com

WPWU826

Cache'n Retrievers

crlogo.gif

It varies according to the cache placement.

I prefer ammo boxes in out-of-the-way places.

I like Army surpls decon containers when I need something smaller.

I use 35mm film cannisters frequently for micros, as well as magnetic key holders.

I also have used Altoids tins, glass jars, plastic jars, Tupperware, Rubbermade, cookie tins, and concrete.

web-lingbutton.gif

I try to use see through tupperware like containers at most places, but I am going to hide a few this year in ammo cans simply because they will stand up to the elments much better. I thought about cutting a hole in the side of the ammo can and use a piece of plexiglass to make a small window so someone can see what is inside without opening it.

I am surprised we haven't heard about a Bomb squad blowing up a cache or two because they were suspicious looking.