Geocaching Website Speed

Geoman007

Forums are complelty independent of the site. I bookmarked the forums a few months ago to 1) save some clicks; 2) the site was in such bad shape getting to the forums could take minutes navigating the gc.com pages.

My guess is they are reaching capacity on their existing infrastructure and need to bulk up some more.

I don't really notice a time that the site is the slowest, it just is in general. Could it be the web browser I am using? I have IE6 and have also used Mozilla Firefox and have noticed that the site is slow on both. Although it is a tad faster on Firefox, but that is what I have found with every site. :lol:

I just tried to respond to this thread and got:

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Flood control is enabled on this board, please wait 30 seconds before replying or posting a new topic.

Which sux because lives hang in the balance...

They should just hook the server up to the engine of a yellow jeep. :D

edit:

Hmmmmm...never had this one before:

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]

Geocaching.UserViewBehaviors.RemoveOldEntries() +171

Geocaching.Throttling.GetViewerRating() +170

Geocaching.Throttling.ThrottleUser() +5

Geocaching.UI.cache_details.BuildCachePage() +92

Geocaching.UI.cache_details.Page_UserLoggedIn(Object sender, EventArgs e) +57

Geocaching.UI.WebformBase.IsLoggedIn() +1077

Geocaching.UI.cache_details.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +325

System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +753

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Squealy