Software Recommendations For The 76cs

toys

After reading many opinions and reviews across several websites I decided on the 76CS (was also considering the 60CS).

What are your recommendations for driving/autorouting map software?

Topos?

and has anyone played with the fishing hot spots/lakes software? Is it worth it, would you get the Blue Charts instead?

After reading many opinions and reviews across several websites I decided on the 76CS (was also considering the 60CS).

What are your recommendations for driving/autorouting map software?

Topos?

and has anyone played with the fishing hot spots/lakes software? Is it worth it, would you get the Blue Charts instead?

Where are you planning to purchase the CS?

I've decided to get one too and am looking around for the best place to get one. (Note: the best place does not automatically mean the cheapest)

Well, I've got my finger poised over the order button.

I can get the 76CS, the auto nav kit, with City Select for a grand total of $576.00 (included UPS shipping)

But I might just wait a day.

I think <_<

Edit: Oh and to stay on topic all my research and advice reading say City Select is the way to go.

Edited by Elf Danach
I bought the auto nav kit from jjielectronics. The beanbag mount works great for me. The only problem was I paid for 2nd day air shipping and it actually took 6 days. UPS and jji are playing the blame game but at least I got the stuff.

Not sure if you tracked it and it was in UPS hands for 6 days, but often UPS wiil deliver as promised but the company who sold you the GPS won't expediate their "Proccessing time' so they ship really quick but still take a week to get around to it.

The Bean Bag Mount skitters around while off roading, but it's ok. IF you will only be using one vehicle most of the time I'd consider a base you can stick to your dash. If you are not off-roading then the bean bag mount should be ok.

I can get the 76CS, the auto nav kit, with City Select for a grand total of $576.00 (included UPS shipping)

Where did you find that deal, if I may ask? The cheapest place I've been able to find the 60cs is Amazon.com. I checked the price on the 76cs after reading your post and it was considerably more expensive after figuring in the City Select software. The gps was $521 and the software $107. I'm curious if the place you found your deal would have the 60cs at a good price as well.

I bought the auto nav kit from jjielectronics. The beanbag mount works great for me. The only problem was I paid for 2nd day air shipping and it actually took 6 days. UPS and jji are playing the blame game but at least I got the stuff.

hmmm.... any other dealings with them....wonder if it is worth the extra $10 to get it 2nd day from an amazon merchant that promises same day shipping ??

Where did you find that deal, if I may ask? The cheapest place I've been able to find the 60cs is Amazon.com. I checked the price on the 76cs after reading your post and it was considerably more expensive after figuring in the City Select software. The gps was $521 and the software $107. I'm curious if the place you found your deal would have the 60cs at a good price as well.

Sorry, I didn't notice your post until now.

GetFeetWet.com

And they extend the warranty another year

Edited by Elf Danach

GetFeetWet.com

Hope this is permitted (haven't seen many references to vendors) but I find the best prices for Garmin GPS's at www.gpsdiscount.com. I've purchased two GPS's through them and will purchase a third shortly. In addition to the lowest price they throw in a free T-shirt. Additional hint: if you have the unit sent to a business address your either get a break on the shipping cost, or you get quicker delivery at no extra charge (I can't remember which). However, some accessories are as cheap or cheaper on Garmin's site. I'm aware of four GPS's being purchased from gpsdiscount.com and they seem to have very good customer service. :lol:

GetFeetWet.com

Hope this is permitted (haven't seen many references to vendors) but I find the best prices for Garmin GPS's at www.gpsdiscount.com. I've purchased two GPS's through them and will purchase a third shortly. In addition to the lowest price they throw in a free T-shirt. Additional hint: if you have the unit sent to a business address your either get a break on the shipping cost, or you get quicker delivery at no extra charge (I can't remember which). However, some accessories are as cheap or cheaper on Garmin's site. I'm aware of four GPS's being purchased from gpsdiscount.com and they seem to have very good customer service. :D

That's a pretty good price for the GSPr. I couldn't find any package deals like the Auto Nav kit or City Select software, so I don't know what the total price would be.

I got the GPSMAP 76CS w/ Auto Navigation Kit (AutoMount+Non-Skid Mount+12v Cable+City Select) for $576 which included

a $20 discount,

free UPS ground shipping, (not just for businesses),

a one extra year warranty extension (apparently $75),

and a free Garmin T-shirt. Woohoo!

Now personal I think people should go with a company they are happy with. Saving 20 bucks here or there is no subsitute for good service.