First Search

DaJeep

HEY -- I got a log the other day where they did a FTDNF -

they were first there and didn't find it - they were so bummed - they wanted an FTF.

FTF's are pretty rare around here because there are a few teams that get out really early as soon as they see the posting online.

So to claim a FTDNF do you have to look for it or can I just see that it is abvailable and NOT find it and make the log? :(

Edited by Cannonlaw
What was the original post? It seems to have been deleted. :unsure:

something about his first cache being a no find -

this is very common for your first find - I don't EVUN! wanna think about my first find! The first day I was 1 for 3 and the one I found was a 1/1 and I almost gave up on that one! Pretty bad huh?

HEY -- I got a log the other day where they did a FTDNF -

they were first there and didn't find it - they were so bummed - they wanted an FTF.

FTF's are pretty rare around here because there are a few teams that get out really early as soon as they see the posting online.

So to claim a FTDNF do you have to look for it or can I just see that it is abvailable and NOT find it and make the log? :unsure:

Hey! you got me! sounds like fun huh?

I guess you can't be FTNTF after someone found it - you have to be first to log it and everything - geeez let's have a just a little order here! :lol:

Fortunately - or unfortunately - I guess it depends on how you look at it -

two people found it after the FTNTF so they know they have a chance to find it and it didn't go missing. When they asked if it was really there I had to say that they were the first ones there - how could it be missing - it bearly it the web.

Hey - ain't this game some fun!?!

After 600+ finds it happens to me more than it did when I was new at this.

Is if possible you aren't as driven as you were in the beginning? Before you had 600 finds and missing a few isn't as big a deal?

Hey Thot - I didn't recognize you in your new clothes!

new avatar - interesting. :unsure::lol::lol:

After 600+ finds it happens to me more than it did when I was new at this.

Is if possible you aren't as driven as you were in the beginning? Before you had 600 finds and missing a few isn't as big a deal?

When I started a DNF was a blight on my record. I'd go back as many times as it took to turn that into a find. Later I wouldn't rush so much but I'd pick them up. Then I did a huge drive up a switchback road to get skunked on a cache that had been stolen. Logscaler replaced it for the owner (it was a vacation cache in the days when there was no such thing yet) but I never went back that direction.

After that a DNF was just part of a cache trip. If I ever make it back a gain I'll look again but if I don't, oh well. What amazes me is how many in a row I can get these days. Never had that kind of bad luck back then!