Fugawi

After weeks of debating the time has come for us to bite the bullet and buy a version/area/copy of Fugawi. Being the skinflints that we are :o we've had a good look around to try and find the cheapest possible supplier but one thing is a little worrying, does Fugawi have different release versions? ie a 2003 release a 2004 release etc? I'm aware of the different area's available but not different release's.

Also noticed a complete set of all four area's for sale on a certain auction site, but I'm not sure if this is such a good idea if there are different release versions, I'd rather not pay, say £100 (?) for all four area's if they are a 2002 release version.

any advice greatly appreciated ........................

After weeks of debating the time has come for us to bite the bullet and buy a version/area/copy of Fugawi. Being the skinflints that we are :o we've had a good look around to try and find the cheapest possible supplier but one thing is a little worrying, does Fugawi have different release versions? ie a 2003 release a 2004 release etc? I'm aware of the different area's available but not different release's.

Also noticed a complete set of all four area's for sale on a certain auction site, but I'm not sure if this is such a good idea if there are different release versions, I'd rather not pay, say £100 (?) for all four area's if they are a 2002 release version.

any advice greatly appreciated ........................

I had a look at the auction item I believe you are referring to. It has a different cover to the current version and may well be an old version

I had a look at the auction item I believe you are referring to. It has a different cover to the current version and may well be an old version

... that'll be the one.

I bought Fugawi when it first came out last year. The software (not the maps) has been upgraded sing then but the upgrade was free and you can get it here so you need not worry about buying an old version.

Do you get updates to the maps as well? I had a look but couldn't find anything ... I just have this nasty vision of us walking thru an MoD testing range that wasn't there a year ago cause our maps weren't up to date!!

Do you get updates to the maps as well? I had a look but couldn't find anything ... I just have this nasty vision of us walking thru an MoD testing range that wasn't there a year ago cause our maps weren't up to date!!

Not much chance of walking through a new MoD range with all the current cut backs.

The maps that came with the Fugawi I bought six months a go are standard Landranger maps ands are therefore a little out of date here and there.

The only time it has caught me out is the new roads round Standstead Airport when looking for the Bug Hotel.

Unfortunatly you won't ever get up-to-date maps as they are huge graphics files and will go out of date within weeks as any maps of this detail do. What you are buying is maps, just like the paper ones. They have limited durability like their paper equivalanets, but far greater utility.