What Size Is It

greengolftee87

I see Keystone's point, and it's a valid one, but at the same time, when people see micro, they're not going to be looking for a 4 inch piece of PVC pipe. Why not just make the PVC pipe the cache? It's not really difficult to do....that, or is there a way you could hide the micro without the pipe?

Call it a micro and note in the description that it's inside a larger container (can even say it's inside a 4" PVC pipe if you want to offer that much information, or you can save that for the hint),

or

Call it a traditional and note that it's "a four inch container with a micro inside (i.e. no trades)".

Seems that if the point is to avoid confusion, all you have to do is provide a little more information in the description, regardless of what you call it! <_<

I've seen this handled by explaining the situation in the cache description. Something like:

“This is a micro cache, but the micro container is packaged in a 4” diameter outer container.”

Then I'd mark it as a micro so people who like to trade and look only for regular size caches won't include it by mistake.

If you are willing you can be even more specific:

“This is a micro cache, but the micro container is inside a piece of 4” PVC pipe. Here’s a picture of the two.”

Then show a picture of what they will find.

I know there are different philosophy’s on why caches are hidden. Some people want to make it a challenge for the cacher to find. Other’s feel it’s being hidden from muggles not from cachers. I’m in the second group.

Oops, Kai Team beat me to it. Oh, well . . .

Edited by Thot
I agree with you - I hide caches from muggles, not from cachers, although I occasionally enjoy the more frustrating (er, I mean challenging) caches hidden by folks in the first camp!

I only enjoy 'um if I can find 'um. <_<

Edited by Thot

I know your unusual choice to put a micro into a larger container might have something to do with your cache placement or some sneaky trick, but if you are placing something significantly larger, and that pvc pipe is well hidden, it would be cool if it could contain other items than a log. . . .

Just my thoughts. .