Tb Motels And Boarding Passes

We currently have a TB which somehow has made it out of a TB motel at london airport where it was waiting to go to the States and up here to Shropshire. It occurs to me that it would be useful if these motels had some mechanism for indicating whether a TB was Outbound or Inbound and perhaps, if the former, what destination it is headed for.

I have seen on occasion in places where there are a number of keys hanging on a board that people have used small tags made out of similar material to 'white boards'. Maybe we could use something along those lines in a TB motel.

eg. When you place the TB there, you pick up one of the spare tags, wipe it clean and using the enclosed white-board marker, either write 'Arrived' for inbound TB's or the required destination ie. France, USA, ... etc for outbound TBs. The person removing the TB would take the tag off and leave it for others to use in the motel.

I suppose, ideally, you should know before you go which TB's are in the motel and which ones you can help along etc. But I can imagine situations where it's a last minute thing and perhaps the system mentioned above might help.

Whatcha think?

Regards,

Martin, Lynn and Maddie

The original Gatwick TBH had luggage labels and you wrote the destination or target on them and tied it to the TB. I like that one as it means you have a proper record when you walk away with it, and it is quick and easy to check the labels to see if you can help anything.

I'll take that as praise for my idea :-)

Thanx :-)

WoodSmoke

I once released a TB with a label on it on the chain (think of a home-made printed luggage tag, made of paper with some plastic in the middle to stop it tearing, covered in book-covering film). It was all in its own bag.

Someone managed to break the tag, so the next person comes along, takes the TB, but leaves my tag in the plastic bag :-( You can't win!

Paul

Just my 2p.

Would it not be a sensible idea to attach one of them cheap plastic coloured key tags (the ones with the little window and label) with the TB's destination before you let it loose into the big bad world? Would it not be a good idea to actually ship the TB's with these (or something similar) attached.

Well, we do have the good old "Bug Sheet" that I usually put with my bug if it is going somewhere specific, but many bugs have a set number of taskes, so the destination changes all the time. I picked up one yestarday that needed to go to 2 counties in wales, which it has, so now it needs to go to scotland. My Canonball run TB's have to go via 5 countries, so a small luggage tag isn't very practical.

For one Bug that i dropped off last night, which had to go to Ireland next, i wrote this on a bit of paper before leaving home and also in the log book.

The log book is always in the cache, so it doesn't take much to write the destination in it and for the next person to find that enrty to see where the bug wants to go. This would mean that it works for every cache and not just TB Hotels :P